PDA

View Full Version : Irrational concern? Food poisioning?

tan235
08-05-18, 01:22
Hi All!
Yes I"m still here.
So just quickly am I being silly.
I cooked sausages the other night maybe 4 nights ago - I left them in the oven and completely forgot, I was cleaning up the kitchen and there they were. I put them in the rubbish but a small amount of juice landed on my finger and without thinking I licked it!
I quickly went and brushed my teeth and tongue, but could I get food poisoning from this?
It was an hour and a half ago, I have got a cramping stomach but I woke up with it. It's unlikely right?
There would most definitely be bacteria as it was in the oven for 4 days, but the amount was less than a fingernail so surely it wouldn't do too much harm?
What do you think?
Thanks!

utrocket09
08-05-18, 01:57
Hi All!
Yes I"m still here.
So just quickly am I being silly.
I cooked sausages the other night maybe 4 nights ago - I left them in the oven and completely forgot, I was cleaning up the kitchen and there they were. I put them in the rubbish but a small amount of juice landed on my finger and without thinking I licked it!
I quickly went and brushed my teeth and tongue, but could I get food poisoning from this?
It was an hour and a half ago, I have got a cramping stomach but I woke up with it. It's unlikely right?
There would most definitely be bacteria as it was in the oven for 4 days, but the amount was less than a fingernail so surely it wouldn't do too much harm?
What do you think?
Thanks!

I have had food poisoning, you have to actually consume the food to get it. Just licking the juice is not going to do anything to you.

tan235
08-05-18, 02:10
Thanks for not making me feel silly - appreciate the response.

Josh1234
09-05-18, 02:46
You easily have the most diverse array of threads here out of anyone. Take the meds yet?