PDA

View Full Version : Small red dots.... worry me

wingo22
08-05-18, 02:10
Hey guys,

so I have had these little red dots on my left arm, kind of near the crook of the elbow for some time now. All of a sudden They are now worrying me. It was a really nice sunny day out, and " I may" have found a few more of them that I hadn't seen this winter. although they could have been there all along.

Im worried that they are petechia and could be a warning sign of leukaemia. I am a 28 yr old male and had a full CBC in early January that came back fully normal.

i have also heard of cherry angimos which are apparently completely harmless. Can anyone give some advice as to what you think these are... I'm worried now.

If I had normal Cbc 4 months ago, should I be worried?? Platlets and everything came back in range

LouiseAndy
08-05-18, 02:23
My Mam has lots of these little red dots on different parts of her body and she's perfectly healthy:D

lofwyr
08-05-18, 02:52
I have a ton. They are called cherry angiomas and are malformations of blood vessels. They are completely benign.

tan235
08-05-18, 03:02
Oh I didn't know what they were called, I thought they were red freckles, I have them too!

FluffySheep
08-05-18, 16:30
I have lots of these, apparently they are harmless.

Halle0587
08-05-18, 18:35
My dermatologist lovingly calls them my little cherries. As above poster said on the patient portal they are referred to as cherry angiomas. I have them most on my upper arms, back, stomach and chest. My dematoogist has never said anything to me about them in a negative way.

Leslie735
08-05-18, 18:43
I have these to, normal.

Carys
08-05-18, 19:03
Cherry angiomas are raised and mole-like in shape. These red pinprick spots are different as they are flat. They are teensy weensy breaks and leakages from itsy bitsy blood vessels at the surface of the skin. They can come on with age and from increased fragility of the skin and vessels under it. I certainly have loads now where I had none as a youngster and they seem to remain permanently, although I believe some spontaneously resolve. Sometimes they are called 'senior purpura' if its to do with aging skin and when they are tiny like this, they are called petichae.

Although cosmetically displeasing, the disorder has no health consequences and does not herald severe bleeding elsewhere.

If you get loads of petichae, that come on quickly then a doctors visit would be needed. It looks like you just have one or two or a few ? So, no issue I reckon.

Disclaimer - I'm not a medic! Just repeating back info that I've seen and read on here many times.

Pkstracy
09-05-18, 05:18
I get those a lot, with leukemia you have to have a lot more going on, unexplained bruises, frequent nosebleeds, fatigue etc

wingo22
09-05-18, 13:21
Cherry angiomas are raised and mole-like in shape. These red pinprick spots are different as they are flat. They are teensy weensy breaks and leakages from itsy bitsy blood vessels at the surface of the skin. They can come on with age and from increased fragility of the skin and vessels under it. I certainly have loads now where I had none as a youngster and they seem to remain permanently, although I believe some spontaneously resolve. Sometimes they are called 'senior purpura' if its to do with aging skin and when they are tiny like this, they are called petichae.

If you get loads of petichae, that come on quickly then a doctors visit would be needed. It looks like you just have one or two or a few ? So, no issue I reckon.

Disclaimer - I'm not a medic! Just repeating back info that I've seen and read on here many times.

I feel like they are not completely flat, as they do kinda show a dome like shape above the skin.

Carys
09-05-18, 13:28
Then they are...

cherry angiomas

wingo22
09-05-18, 14:44
Anyone else have these????

Fishmanpa
09-05-18, 14:49
Anyone else have these????

You just had seven replies with fellow members saying they have them too. Is there a specific number that will quell your worry? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Carys
09-05-18, 14:56
Yeah what FMP said, loads of people have them, they are common and benign - my mother has loads - does that help add to your number of replies ? :winks:

Just done a quick search for you, and apparently they are estimated to appear in 50 percent of adults aged 30 and over (which is the age they most commonly start appearing). See that tiny thing on your arm.....I suspect I must have absolutely bags like that, I'm not even going to count as firstly I can't see round the back of my body and secondly there's no point as 'lots' should suffice. They are in and all body areas, including a couple on my lower lip.

BikerMatt
09-05-18, 16:40
I've got loads. Nothing to worry about. A piccy of the ones at the top of my belly for you.👇👇👇👇

BikerMatt
09-05-18, 17:08
I've got loads. Nothing to worry about. A piccy of the ones at the top of my belly for you.👇👇👇👇

Bloody hell i need some sun:doh: i'm a little pale!

Fishmanpa
09-05-18, 17:34
Hairy arm and hairy belly pics. Just what we all need! :roflmao: Sheesh!

Positive thoughts

Pkstracy
09-05-18, 17:48
Yep had mine since I was in my 30s I am now 45 if it were a sign of leukemia, I would be having other symptoms, you are fine.

wingo22
10-05-18, 13:30
Thanks everyone. I ended up going to a walk in clinic and the doctor said it's most likely cherry angimos and they aren't harmful. That relieved me. :) I keep thinking that since I had a full CBC done in January, and I came back perfect I shouldn't be worried about things like leukaemia or bad stuff. Every so often though these negative thoughts creep back into my mind. How can I trust the opinions of doctors and just let this one go??

Carys
10-05-18, 13:44
I ended up going to a walk in clinic and the doctor said it's most likely cherry angimos and they aren't harmful. That relieved me.

Errr, really? After people even providing pictures and saying 50 percent of adults have them? The doctor has said exactly what we also all said, so I honestly don't know how you 'let this go' and 'trust' if you can't find the trust right now. Maybe someone will have better ideas. I personally trust doctors, so can't answer that one.

roseanxiety
10-05-18, 14:08
I just found one of these on my back. Today! I was freaking out until i saw this post. I am going next week for my mole check. Possibly mine is a senior purpura ? It is flat . I will be anxious until i get it checked though. I guess they’re pretty common. But even so my HA is ramped up like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 ----------

My dermatologist lovingly calls them my little cherries. As above poster said on the patient portal they are referred to as cherry angiomas. I have them most on my upper arms, back, stomach and chest. My dematoogist has never said anything to me about them in a negative way.

Did you post the poster from portal?

Fishmanpa
10-05-18, 14:34
Errr, really? After people even providing pictures and saying 50 percent of adults have them? The doctor has said exactly what we also all said, so I honestly don't know how you 'let this go' and 'trust' if you can't find the trust right now. Maybe someone will have better ideas. I personally trust doctors, so can't answer that one.

Yeah right? Usually it's the opposite. HAer goes to the doctor (sometimes several) then asks internet strangers for more reassurance.

This one deserves a multi "Told ya so" from the "Told ya so Gang"!

https://media.giphy.com/media/144sPQzQMN4SIg/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

BikerMatt
10-05-18, 16:02
Please, please, please nobody go to the Dr's about these, they are totally normal.

roseanxiety
10-05-18, 18:50
Well the one i have is on my back. I want to go to doctor but i am AFRAID to! I’ve been trying to pick up the phone all day to make my mole check appt and so far have been unable to. I have a very strong fear of what i will hear at a doctor appt so it is VERY VERY hard for me to go. Anyone else with this problem?

wingo22
11-05-18, 14:58
Please, please, please nobody go to the Dr's about these, they are totally normal.

Yeah I guess so. Do you have any other ones on different parts of your body? And do they usually group together?

Fishmanpa
11-05-18, 15:00
Yeah I guess so. Do you have any other ones on different parts of your body? And do they usually group together?

It doesn't matter. It's a non-issue :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Carys
11-05-18, 16:07
They are nothing, nothing at all. Well, they are something, but nothing of any significance. You've been to the doctor, he's told you, we all told you (as we have them). I could tell you that I have 4 in a patch on my stomach, does that help ? I don't think it will, as for some reason you are searching to find out this is something dangerous or sinister.

BikerMatt
11-05-18, 16:18

Yes i have some on my back, legs and they are grouped. Honestly they are nothing to worry about.

It would only bother me if i got some on my face, as i've got a face like an arse and wouldn't won't to add to the uglyness:doh:

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

I've just had a look at my Partner and she has them also. I'm 45 and she's 44. Age that is, not stone!

ThroatGoat
11-05-18, 17:20
I've had these well before my current issues so they must be benign.

Now I'm suffering with HA over my current symptoms, I too have been worrying about them again. Funny that!

I first noticed them many years ago.

wingo22
11-05-18, 17:35
I've had these well before my current issues so they must be benign.

Now I'm suffering with HA over my current symptoms, I too have been worrying about them again. Funny that!

I first noticed them many years ago.

What are your current issues that you worry about?

Carys
11-05-18, 18:00
I've just had a look at my Partner and she has them also. I'm 45 and she's 44. Age that is, not stone!

LOL

Phew, cos if you were then there are other things you should be worrying about...

Fishmanpa
11-05-18, 18:10
Now, all that reassurance being said. If you have one of these red dots... WORRY! :scared15:

https://media.giphy.com/media/1QkBt1fh4yRsk/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

BikerMatt
11-05-18, 18:34
Now, all that reassurance being said. If you have one of these red dots... WORRY! :scared15:

https://media.giphy.com/media/1QkBt1fh4yRsk/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

Lol

"Come with me if you wan't to live"

ThroatGoat
11-05-18, 18:57
What are your current issues that you worry about?

Where to start? :roflmao: I've got a thread in the sore throat sub-forum if you want to check it out.

Currently feeling a bit better today, but I've had (at one time or another) all of these over the past 6 weeks:

Red tonsils
Tonsil stones
Night sweats (minor, some a little "wetter" but no dripping
Fatigue/tiredness
Balance issues
Trouble moving my arms
Weakness in general
Diarrhea on 3 occasions, plus some constipation more recently
Loss of appetite
Phlegm in various colors including brown, green and yellow
Sinus phlegm from nostrils
Dry mouth
Eye floaters
Brain zaps
Shivers and chills
Rapid heartbeat
Heart palpitations
Swollen lymph nodes (to me at least, doctors think they're fine)

Probably more too.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

If you monitor one of the little red dots, you'll probably notice that over time it'll turn into a mole. That's what mine seem to do. :)