PDA

View Full Version : Strange Time obsession or symptom?

Dieselj28
19-07-07, 20:57
About a month or two ago I felt like time was going by pretty slowly, alot different from my normal perception. In school it really effected me I couldnt stand just sitting in my class as it felt very long. I then kept checking the clock to measure if it was going by normally and constantly checking if time was going by right. It hasnt felt right since then and I think I've become obsessive over checking it.

I now cant seem to get a rest or a break from it and I try to not check for hours but it either still feels like its giong by slowly. I dont check the clock to see what time it is, I check it to see if its going by normally.

I've also had derealization I dont know if that has had anything to do with it.

Is a change time perception a symptom of derealization or is this just in my head and does anyone have any insight as to how to get rid of it?

nomorepanic
19-07-07, 21:01
It sounds like DP/DR to me and only goes once the nervous systems calms down and you learn to distract yourself and not focus on the symptoms of it.

It will go in time but breathing and relaxation will help - are you doing these?

Dieselj28
19-07-07, 21:07
My CBT is giving me a tape next week to practice techniques and I have been trying distraction but other than that no.

Dieselj28
21-07-07, 18:09
I've also felt as if I'm trapped in time and this scares me as well. It actually feels like I'm trapped in time.

Is this normal with derealization as well?

skitty
23-07-07, 01:49
Ive read that time distortions are a common symptom of depression, your nervous system is not functioning normally and it can feel like time is passing very slowly. I get a weird derealisation thing where it feels like Im inside a bubble looking out on reality - like being in a diving bell! Try not to focus on symptoms, it only makes them worse - maybe consider that you are getting depressed (common enough if you have been dealing with anxiety a long while). best wishes.