PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on OCD

iliketoworry
19-07-07, 22:17
I have been diagnosed with OCD now for about two years, when it first raised its ugly head I had thoughts of harming other people, myself, vulnerable people etc all day everyday! All the time my mind felt like it was about to explode and I just couldnt control what was going on in my head!!
Im 23 now and the last 2 have by far been the worst in my life, i think i should give myself a medal for still being here and still being able to function properly in todays society! (allthough it was a bit ropey for a good 8 months!!)
Ive been taking Citalopram which has helped a lot but what I think has helped me the most is just time!!
If you have OCD, or more specifically, pure O you'll know what I mean when I say my thoughts are, out of character, obsurd, violent, sexual but more importantly RELENTLESS!!
Just to give anyone reading this a bit of a boost, believe me, stick with yourself, and try to take a 3rd party perspective on things and you will improve!! Ive had amazingly creative, obsene, horrible and sexual thoughts over the past two years and HAVEN'T DONE A SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!!!!! And i'll bet you all I have that if your on this site reading this and finding comfort in what I've written, YOU WONT DO WHAT YOUR THINKING EITHER!!!
I know it'll be hard to believe and nobody can make you believe it but yourself but eventually YOU WILL GET THERE!!!
Dont get me wrong, I'm still having troubles now and again but I think i'm getting the upper hand on it and I KNOW this wont be with me forever. Im already starting to look back and see how crazy some of the stuff was!!!
Sorry to ramble but I havent been on here for a while and I know there are people out there who will benefit from this.

Thanks for reading and BELIEVE IN YOURSELF YOUR STRONGER THAN YOU KNOW!!!!!

All my best thought for you all
Worry x:flowers: