PDA

View Full Version : Sinusitis, worried

Lissy43
20-07-07, 12:16
I am such a worrier about sinusitis (far too much reading 3 yrs ago, slap wrist) I have had pain over eye brow and discomfort down left ear and cheek, saw dr today who said I have the start of acute sinusitis and has given me 500mg amoxicyllin for a week and a steroid spray. I asked him if I really needed the anti bs as I hate taking them esp a strong dose and surely I would have a temperature if my infection were that bad, he said yes id probably have a temp but its up to me if I take them, hmmmmmm. I hate it when drs do that:winks:

I have had sinusitis symptoms alot over the last few years, last year I went private and had a CT scan, all was clear, infact he said it was the most perfect scan he had seen, lol! I have had lots of pressure down my left ear aswell for about 6 months, refered to ENT who said my ear was fine, no fluid or infections so he and my DR were baffled as to why on a daily basis I suffer with pressure in my left ear, left cheek and left nostril other than it might be allergy related.

The dr today said it can't be chronic as my CT scan was normal in November 2006 but couldn't it of changed since? I have had so many sinus and ear pains this year I am wondering if its now chronic but DR today said its acute and scan was clear last year so its just a flare up.

I also have a bad chest, my sons have nasty coughs and one has a chest infection so he did advise I start the anti bs today. I feel so run down today and really paranoid about this sinusitis, I am sick of suffering every day with this discomfort and noone telling me what it is. I rarely go to my dr about these problems anymore but I suffer daily and its only my left side that gives me the feeling of pressure and pain, it really worries me and now I have sinusitis I am worrying if it is chronic and its left then I might end up with a complication from it.

I know I am stupid, ive posted about this a million times but if you were me would you be concerned about it despite having a CT scan last year? would you accept that allergies do cause it even though its only your left side of face and ear?

Be gentle with me, I feel very down today,hard looking after three kids and I hate it when my anxiety flares up I find it hard to think ++:weep:

neptuno
20-07-07, 12:38
Hello Cherry !
Be reassured that your CT scan would definitely have revealed anything nasty. Sinusitis is horrible and makes you feel rotten all over - as you've had a chesty bug as well I can imagine how awful you feel. The anti-bis will help clear up the grot - so that's a good thing. And when they kick in and start doing their stuff you will generally feel better too, so be patient. I find that when you get run down you can so easily pick up any bug that's going - I think this is what is happening to you. Have you tried taking a one-a-day antihistamine ?
be kind to yourself

Lissy43
20-07-07, 12:44
Thank you,

No I haven't, maybe I should start taking one a day and seeing if it helps. I just feel very confused, I suffer al the time on my left side yet the ENT dr says my ear and scan were fine. It is horrible living like this and I find it hard to not worry about developing meningitis or another nasty complication that I once read about.

Lissy43
20-07-07, 12:51
Thanks Bev,

I don't smoke and noone in my family home does.

I would believe it was allergy related if it were on both sides but its always my left. The symptoms i have also only got worse since i had full blown sinusitis in Feb this year, i had my scan last novemeber for on going sinus symptoms but all was fine.

When you get sinusitis what symptoms do you get? do you get a temperature? another dr told me if i had sinusitis id have a temperature. Have you had a CT scan?

I hope 1 course clears it up, I hate taking anti bs all the time.

Thanks again.