PDA

View Full Version : Hi, just to introduce myself!

MollyHH
09-05-18, 21:57
Hi there,

I am so pleased to find this site. I have had health anxiety on and off since I was in my twenties. I can go many months without it but then it hits like a freight train - I'm a catastrophiser and can't think about things rationally, it's straight to the worse case scenario; currently this has been triggered by a mole on my face which has darkened and raised. Of course google has sent me into a spin. I know, I'm an idiot :weep: I'm perimenopausal and think my anxiety is worse because of the change in hormones.

So I'm in a bit of a state at the moment but like I said, very pleased to find this site and look forward to supporting anyone I can too.

venusbluejeans
09-05-18, 22:06
Hiya Carice and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
16-05-18, 13:33
Good morning Carice.

What you call a pessimist, some would call an astute planner. Don't be down on yourself for worrying. There have been times when worrying saved my life. But when it overtakes your thoughts, then it's a problem. All I can tell you is be aware, but build a good support system around yourself in your moments of doubt.

Here at NMP you'll find fellow sufferers that sympathize with how you feel. Explore the many threads and join in chat when you need too. Remember you are not alone. Best to you on your journey Carice.