PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn sensation without a sunburn?

Meriland30
10-05-18, 06:03
Does anyone else get this? Just to clarify, it doesn't feel 'hot'. It literally feels 100% exactly like a sunburn, but there is no sunburn. It is on my shoulders. It feels so much like it that touching it is sensitive like a sunburn. Can this really be anxiety? This just randomly started happening tome yesterday while I was eating dinner. I wasn't nervous it just...happened? It seems worse at night.

Zoe01708
10-05-18, 08:22
Are you on any new medication?

Meriland30
10-05-18, 15:51
Not on any medication...

mtsparky
10-05-18, 17:06
Strange, I've had this on my feet and front of my shins for the past week. I have been suffering from health anxiety for the past year so prob down to this as well as all the other weird symptoms I get.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Meriland30
11-05-18, 05:28
It feels like rugburn, on my shoulders and arms and now above my bum. I am terrified of like some deadly poisoning or radiation or MS! I am on ny honeymoon right now and i am so distressed over this. It feels so real. Everything that touches it feels like sandpaper. I am so scared....what are the chances this is sinister?

Meriland30
14-05-18, 17:18
? Is it really that unusual?

amiraugust
30-09-18, 13:41
Iam in the same situation, I have sunburn sensation started in my shoulders and then migrates to my forearms, face and thighs.

MyNameIsTerry
01-10-18, 01:48
I've had it too. Also a feeling of sensitivity when clothes touch.

Mine went. They were a symptom that was occasionally appeared.

I think fibromyalgia has these symptoms but I would be wary of looking too deeply without a doctor's view on this because anxiety certainly can cause all sorts of these types of sensations and I can remember even having this issue many years before I even had anxiety so I suspect it may be "one of those things" that anyone can experience.

LDHarv
02-10-18, 11:14
Yes! I've got this right now, for about 5 days now. Across the front of my body (lower ribs) and lower upper back as well. Very much like sunburn without the burning/sunburn feeling. I've obviously looked at Dr bloody Google, and it says Fibromyalgia and MS but trying to put my mind off these. Anyone else with these symptoms?

48tce
02-10-18, 17:19
i've dealt with this before, it went on for 3 days and then just disappeared on it's own. the feeling was mainly my shoulders and underarms. my shirt brushing against it made me cringe! no idea how it started or how it stopped. it happens, i guess? :shrug:

unicorndusy
03-10-18, 19:43
I've had this before, it went away on its own. it was all up my legs and across my lower stomach. Thought something was seriously wrong until I told myself to only worry if it gets red or anything. Then it went away.

thundersnow
17-10-18, 14:51
I've had this fairly frequently for aslong as I can remember. I've never figured out exactly what it is, sometimes it comes before I get ill, other times it just comes and lasts a day or two and then goes away. Often on my arms but sometimes other places like my sides.