View Full Version : What is this?

rfarrell86
10-05-18, 19:02
So about a month ago i posted about my fear of sporadic fatal insomnia or other prion diseases. So far ive had a complete blood planel, MRI, and somehow i convinced my Doctor to request a PET scan ,which i was told, would definitely show any evidence of neuro degeneration or problems. All have come back normal. However its been a month since ive been having these symptoms and they really havent gone away. The most concerning is the EXTREME brain fog and insomnia. below are my symptoms:

- severe brain fog-- it took me a few seconds to remember my kids full names
- insomnia-- it was really bad a month ago, now i can fall asleep easily but still am only getting maybe 6 hours of fragmented sleep
-- apathy- I have 0 emotion, i do not get excited, laugh , cry , anything, i feel like a emotionless zombie
-- along with the brain fog , I cant concentrate at all , ive even lost my train of thought mid sentence , which really began to freak me out

I have no idea what is going on and all results have come back normal, ive never felt like this before.

AnxiousinCali
10-05-18, 19:24
I'm going through the lack of sleep stuff at the moment, so I know how utterly awful that can be. So sorry you're feeling all of this, but it honestly sounds like depression. Has your doctor suggested that?