PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New member, just joined

Imnotawesome
11-05-18, 13:08
Hello!

Not sure where to start, I am a 30 yr old female. Struggling with anxiety and depression. I've never been formally diagnosed by my doctor. I have tried to talk to them, especially about the bloodwork concerns with my low thyroid function, and basically get completely written off every time I ask a question. They seem to just want my money and shove me out the door. I should pursue finding another doctor, but I haven't had the energy, time or money to do this as of yet.

I'm currently looking for advice and help. I feel lately I have been in a downward spiral. I continually wonder if meds might be needed to balance me out at this time. But I find the info on meds overwhelming, there is the fear of the side effects, etc. And yet what I'm dealing with on a daily basis with all this doesn't really feel like living. I'm just getting so discouraged with it all, and overwhelmed with where to start.

Life is very stressful at the moment, I'm in cosmetology school full time, and there are allot of challenges with that including major triggers for my social anxiety. I'm also almost done so I have the mental aspect of trying to succeed at finding employment. I have trouble when I'm really anxious I turn bright red with big patchy blotches on my skin, which gives me 0 confidence to walk in someplace and market myself for a job. Lately I just want to give up and quit everything, I just don't know how to work through all this. I want to be normal and healthy but as time goes on im just getting more and more frustrated at my seeming inability to achieve the goals I want to or live the way I want to. Example: exercise and eating healthy is important to me and yet it seems everyday I make it to the end of the day drag myself home utterly exhausted eat too much and just want to sleep. And then I do nothing but mentally beat myself up over my lack of motivation. But I am so tired. All. The. Time. Is this normal??? Just getting myself through the day utterly exhausting to me.

Ok...so that's an idea of who I am and where I'm at. I'm not proud of it, but I'm looking for some help to figure out how to be better.

venusbluejeans
11-05-18, 13:22
Hiya Imnotawesome and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sadsack95
12-05-18, 11:20
WELCOME :D