PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I have another kidney stone

rachlexis13
12-05-18, 00:33
Hi all,

I don't know what to do anymore. I am a wreck and feel very depressed. I've been having pretty much persistant nausea on and off along with a lack of appetite. Along with this, I have a pressure and burning feeling in my urethra. I went to the doctor's today and I took a urine sample. I have no infection, but the doctor decided to a female exam since I was complaining to her about vaginal irritation and itching.

She found that I have a yeast infection as I seemed to have some minor irritation and mild white discharge. This nausea though is pretty much most of the time for me and its taking away my appetite. I had gallbladder surgery 3 weeks ago so I don't know if it's because of that. I am terrified though I have a kidney stone now.

I keep feeling this uncomfortable pressure in my back from what feels behind my rib cage. I was at the chiropractor's with my mom as she is seeing him for help with her back. He agreed to just feel around real quick and when he did, I felt a popping sensation more than once. He's going to do some work on me today soon to try and fix the issue. Is it possible though that this is what causing my nausea or is it my lack of gallbladder or a kidney stone?

Since I have been having that sensation in my urethra, I feel so discouraged and scared. I've had a kidney stone before and that's the worst pain I've ever been in in my life. I'm terrified to have another one. I don't have money to go to the ER. I wish they could do something like an ultra sound or a cat scan. I don't want all that radiation though. Ugh.. I can't stop crying. Someone please help.

Ryzinn
12-05-18, 20:31
For me, (and I've had 3 of them) the tell tale sign before I get a stone is dark colored urine. I mean like dark orange/tea colored that stinks like no other.

I've had numerous small aches/pains in my left flank over the past 2 years that have immediately triggered the "F*** I have anotehr stone" thoughts. Literally every time it turned out to be nothing and I think more so than anything it's tension in my back or muscle related.

Your urethra stuff is obviously due to your yeast infection so that's clearly not stone related. It's possible some of that infection may be going up into your bladder/ureter. Buy some cranberry juice! seriously it will probably help.

Finally, if you do happen to have a stone, look into Chanca Piedra. I bought some a few years back just in case I got another stone. I can't vouch for it personally but quite a few people online seem to have had some success with it.

Try to relax, good luck.