PDA

View Full Version : Colonoscopy Monday

Louise567
12-05-18, 18:28
I have a colonscopy on Monday and am feeling very nervous about the whole procedure. I am in process of being diagnosed with chrohns/colitis. I have a real phobia about medical procedures and also don't like sedatives and general anaesthetic. My muscles are all tense and I haven't slept for weeks. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mostu
12-05-18, 23:48
Hey Louise. I underwent my first colonoscopy in January, I was scared too, because although I'm only 22, I had a massive rectal bleeding and doctors were concerned because I didn't have hemmoroids. The prep is the worst of it all. You'll need to drink water mixed with a disgusting laxative which makes you spend a lot of time on the toilet. The procedure was a piece of cake, I just laid down, the nurse injected me with anesthesia and it felt like someone turned the off switch for me. When I woke up about 20 minutes later, I felt nothing but dizziness. No pain or anything. It'll probably be the case for you too!

nomorepanic
13-05-18, 13:50
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

unsure_about_this
13-05-18, 13:58
Not as gone far as colonscopy but had a sigmoidoscopy 5 years ago. prep was awful, I was sent a list of foods I could not eat 36 hours before the scan. so plenty of water, and lemonade yeah. I was given gas for sigmoidoscopy as i did not want to be sedated but should have been. I just wanted to get home.

AnxiousinCali
14-05-18, 20:41
I had my first colonoscopy today, as well (I'm 33/f). The prep wasn't as bad as I suspected, and my results were reassuring. I hope yours were, too!

Now I just need to get this anxiety under control...