PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and not wanting it on my medical records

Anxious5
13-05-18, 02:48
I want to adopt when I’m older, so I don’t want to get a diagnosis of anxiety. Where else can I get help aside the doctors, for free? I need at least to talk or medication :)

Tyke
13-05-18, 05:58
There are many private practices around the UK offering talking therapies, but they are not usually free (they have to be funded somehow) and wouldn't be able to help much with medication. Sometimes small amounts of free counselling may be offered by specific groups (relate, charities etc.), but in cash strapped times this can be much harder to find. If you do need 'prescription only' medication at all, I can't see how you would get that legally, safely and regularly without going to the GP. I don't really know how tough the adoption procedures are, but would an anxiety condition rule you out if it was being treated properly and you were upfront about it?

thejohnny
13-05-18, 06:41
Receiving treatment or being prescribed medication for anxiety would not in any way affect your chances of adopting.

Bigboyuk
13-05-18, 14:08
How ever some of these services are free A good starting point would be Mind they have offices in most major towns/cities and you self refer too, so no dr's referral is needed :) Good luck and let us know how you get on ATB