PDA

View Full Version : 24/7 swaying and unbalanced feelings!!!

Lucyjane
14-05-18, 14:29
I've done lots of posts on here about how I've struggled with these feelings a few months after I gave birth last year and had them ever since.
I've had a CT scan, and an appointment at the balance clinic last Thursday where they did lots of different tests, but they can't seem to find anything wrong.
Maybe it's all anxiety? Which sparked up from going through childbirth?
My question is, can anyone relate?
Does anyone have these 24/7 unbalanced and swaying feelings.?
When they stand, they feel like they will fall? And have sudden dropping sensations?

defyinggravity65
14-05-18, 20:38
Hi Lucyjane,

Yes, I've experienced everything you described. I was so dizzy at school I had to drop out and I got so dizzy in grocery stores that my vision would be all swirly and I would cling to my cart for dear life. Some things that made it worse for me were fluorescent lights and large, open spaces (which is why shopping malls and grocery stores were especially rough). And the sudden dropping sensations were rough too. It felt like I was standing on a stationary elevator and then suddenly the elevator would drop two floors and I would near fall over. My dizziness was so bad when walking around that I could not walk into my psych office for therapy appointments and had to literally use their wheelchair. It was mortifying.
I would suggest a couple things. They might sound silly but they worked for me.
1. Get another medical checkup. Not saying you have anything physically to worry about, but it will make you feel better to get a second opinion and that another doctor has cleared you.
2. Sit in a computer chair and have someone (or do it yourself) spin you around until you're very dizzy and then attempt to stand up and let the dizziness just wash over you. Repeat this once or twice daily until the dizzy feeling is not quite as scary to you.
3. Relabel these feelings as anxiety (since that is what this most likely is). In my experience, the dizziness and what not gets worse when I start to think about the possible physical causes of it. Dizziness (even severe) can totally be psychosomatic and be brought on by anxiety!

Hope this helps

Julia