PDA

View Full Version : rabies fear again huhu

garconperdu
28-02-18, 06:45
Hi Im Rachel and it is my first time to post here. I just need your help guys.

Few weeks ago, i slept in the room of my mom, and accidentally I fell from the bed, and I think I stayed on the floor for several minutes then It was 4 am I woke up then I have felt a bump with 2 marks on my back so I just assumed that was just a pimple and then I also had a scratch on my arm (single scratch, probably I got it the day before this happened, I just don't remember anything about it) So I turned on my flashlight and I found nothing under the bed also with the ceiling, it was just nothing

Now I'm worried because what if a bat bit me and i didn't notice it bit me on the back. It has been days since I have loss of appetite still thinking what bit me. I went to ABTC and they said that they will not give me shots because I didn't see a bat flying or living inside the house. My parents also said that it's impossible for a bat to enter because if there's a bat they would have notice it and they could have been also bitten, same as the mice living in our house they noticed it

My sister said that it was just an ant bite, but i realized if it was an ant bite then it should be itchy. The scratch also is not fresh when i saw it so there's a chance I got it the day before.

I feel like everytime I eat my food I want to throw it up,, I feel like im really sick. I have also diarrhea/constipation.
Ive been diagnosed with cystitis and still i think my anxiety is on high level I badly need the shots for me to calm and relax but they won't unless I saw a bat flying. WHAT IF THE BAT ESCAPED THE HOUSE AFTER BITING ME? and do bat guano's have bad odor? Because if a bat is living in our house it must be smelly by now?

Please i need your opinions

garconperdu
28-02-18, 09:20
I'm so obsessed with the scratch I have it's just a single scratch but still I have a feeling that it came from a bat while I'm sleeping, the wound is not fresh when I saw it around 4 am, it is already forming a scab. Could it be possible it is caused by a bat? Or it is caused by something I don't remember because i fell from the bed and my head was badly hurt so i don't remember? After I saw the scratch I didnt see a bat in the room, but I saw bat guano in the bedroom wall but only few.

My mom also said it's not a bat because they never saw a bat entering the house or flapping its wings, and she said if it was a bat scratch it should be multiple scratches because it "attacked" me.

Please convince me it's not from a bat

venusbluejeans
28-02-18, 12:04
It isn't a bat sctatch.

you fell out of bed..... you scratched yourself.. maybe with your own nail while you were sleeping before you fell out of bed.

Dave_Lister
28-02-18, 19:33
I have seen these topics about bat bites a lot over the last few months on here, and I can tell all of you that you were not bitten by a bat.

I am 43 years old, and I have never been bitten by one, and neither has anyone I know, so please try to look at the odds of it happening as an almost improbable occurrence.

Scass
28-02-18, 20:27
It wasn’t a bat. It was from the fall. You’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garconperdu
05-03-18, 13:35
GUYS IT'S DAY 0 OF MY ANTI RABIES SHOT and I'm still worried about contracting rabies since the vaccine will take effect 7-10 days IM WORRIED i have headache now. And the ABTC did not administered RIG to me. GUYS PLEASE HELP I want to relax but I cant please HEEELLPPPP

nomorepanic
05-03-18, 14:24
why did you get a rabies shot?

What is RIG?

Fishmanpa
05-03-18, 14:31
GUYS IT'S DAY 0 OF MY ANTI RABIES SHOT....

I went to ABTC and they said that they will not give me shots because I didn't see a bat flying or living inside the house.

How and why are they giving you the shots? You said they wouldn't do it because there was no evidence of a bat in the room :huh:

Positive thoughts

garconperdu
05-03-18, 15:22
How and why are they giving you the shots? You said they wouldn't do it because there was no evidence of a bat in the room :huh:

Positive thoughts

I got a scratch from a cat 3 days ago so I went to the ABTC but instead of worrying from the cat scratch I AM STILL THINKING ABOUT THE MYSTERIOUS SCRATCH I GOT

venusbluejeans
05-03-18, 15:24
There was no bat, so you don't have rabies, and not all bats have rabies anyway.. so can't understand why they gave you a rabies injection.

So looking up the Acronyms online...

ABTC - Animal Behaviour and Training Council??!?!?!

RIG - Radiologically Inserted Percutaneous Gastrostomy ?!?!?!?

I am confused!!

venusbluejeans
05-03-18, 15:25
it isn't mysterious?!?! you fell out of bed..... you scratched it then or even with your nails

venusbluejeans
05-03-18, 15:26
I got a scratch from a cat 3 days ago so I went to the ABTC but instead of worrying from the cat scratch I AM STILL THINKING ABOUT THE MYSTERIOUS SCRATCH I GOT

They give you rabies shots for a cat scratch?!?

garconperdu
14-05-18, 15:11
Yesterday I got scratched by my neighbor's cat. I'm worried if she has rabies even though last March, I got my anti-rabies vaccine (only 3 shots) Day 0, 3 & 7. Do I still need anti-rabies vaccine booster shot?

Elen
14-05-18, 15:43
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

paranoid-viking
14-05-18, 16:00

Positive thoughts

Hi, FMP. You wrote last week or so that when summer came we would see more of the rabies threads here, and yup here they come.

Carys
14-05-18, 16:57
I think people are confused about why you are having rabies shots in the first place.

Pkstracy
14-05-18, 18:13
Um Bats don't fly into the house unless you leave a window open with no screen, and I do all the time and have never had a bat fly in the house ever, even when I lived in the country, I had a bat land on my shirt once and just cling there, for a moment, never bit me, they don't just hunt people out and bite, they will hiss a bit and back away from you, now they will bite if you are provoking them, so A) Unless one actually flew into your house, with open windows and no screens, B) If you were provoking one and it bit you. Then you were not bitten by bat, you fell out of bed and scratched yourself, as for the cat scratch was it a house cat or an outside cat, I have been bitten and scratched so many times by cats, never gotten rabies, So not sure why they would give you a rabies shot? Just over a cat scratch, a tetanus shot yes, but rabies?

Bubbletea
14-06-18, 17:03
RIG - Radiologically Inserted Percutaneous Gastrostomy ?!?!?!?

I am confused!!

RIG actually stands for Rabies immunoglobulin and it is whats given to a person who has exposure to an animal bite possible of rabies