PDA

View Full Version : Ear pressure jaw pain

SkyBlue252
14-05-18, 20:33
These past few days I been getting ear pressure, it started off with humming sound in my ear that comes and goes, then watery feeling in my ear, I now got sinus pressure again tension headache sometimes and my jaw aches.

I find it hard to think sometimes, as if thinking hurts my head and jaw. Stretching my jaw makes my ear crackle,or when I talk, like my mouth is tired..
Feeling unable to think properly feels scary.

This sensation in my ear feels like I been under water, like my ear blocks.

Had nose drops and avamys spray last month which I still use for my sinus pressure and tension headaches, doctor said i have a lot of fluid in my ears, and thought it may be due to sinus problems.

I'm out of the UK for 4 weeks on a holiday. Unsure if I should see a doctor. Or what to do to get rid of it.

I do have a problem with anxiety, and it's been a cycle of anxiety and mild depression for no reason.
I feel I can't relax, I want to keep moving. sure if my anxiety is increased due to these symptoms or these symptoms are triggered by anxiety.

Zoe01708
14-05-18, 20:53
Probably both, we focus on the symptoms then they get worse causing more anxiety, vicious circle. It maybe you clench your jaw throughout the day or in your sleep this causes jaw and ear pain where the jaw muscle gets tight thus effecting the ear. I do this and at one point found it painful to open my mouth. You can buy a mouth guard like boxers use to sleep in, this helps just not attractive!!!
It is part of anxiety that plays out in your body.