PDA

View Full Version : Common minor illness, anxiety or something to worry about?

LouiseAndy
14-05-18, 23:12
Common minor illness, anxiety or something to worry about:

Hi!

So bascislly I'm in a bit of a hard place at the moment like so many people on here.

The lump I found at the back of neck is a on a ongoing issue but I'm doing my best not to poke at it. I'm trying my best to believe its just a muscle issue causing so much pain and stiffness. Like if you apply cream to the area to help, it's always more tender in around the area of the lump. Like if you press down on it but it doesn't constantly hurt. I'm hoping this is from me going through periods of poking at it but I haven't so much so it kinda worries me when it hurts sometimes. (I did go to the Doctor just over two weeks ago when I think my collarbone had a lump and she did feel around so I'm guessing if it was anything bad she would have noticed?)

I have this stage like fullness/pressure feeling on the right side of my head. Mainly in the cheek/ear and jaw area. When I poked around there I thought I felt something a bit strange but I quickly put my hand down and tries to remind myself not everything is equal. I've always gotta a rather swore thoart the last few days that's been getting worse but imagine a day when I could just take that as a swore thoart and not something deadly. I have headache that seem like sinus or pressure but surely if it was serious it would be a on going issue like I had it bad for a week went away for awhile might come back again but there is breaks.

I've also been having some stomach issues, it's been rather uneasy and crampy the last few days. In very different areas at different times. Like I vomited a few times on Friday after a long bus ride. I've had breath test/ultrasound/ct scan lately and they all come back clear. A stool sample is still on going. So i know it's nothing to serious but trying to find ways to sooth it isn't always easy.

Bascislly I'm feeling a bit run down, but when you've apparently had 10 different cancers and tumor types and a number of other deadly illness I suppose it will wear you out. I'm doing my best to be positive and not always worrying like one of my new worries is lymphoma but I recently had blood tests that were good? The lump on my neck my Mam doesn't seem to pushed about and surely I have to believe my own Mam would bring me right to the doctor if she was worried that much.

I'm doing my best to be positive! I've been more socail and working out more. The next time I have therapy I'm going to try and move the subject to health anxiety a little more again! Like part of this posts is me trying to use reason to have faith in everything I've had done so far. To not go crying to my doctor at even slight thing. So of course I'm like a lot of people worrying about lymphoma, brain tumor etc but I've manged to stop going to doctor Google which is one win anyway!

LouiseAndy
15-05-18, 14:52
So, this morning I woke up with my throat feeling like sandpaper and the most green/yellow stuff coming out of me you'd never seen! So, in a good way. I'm going to put a lot of this down to a common infection of some kind :closedeyes:

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

So, this morning I woke up with my throat feeling like sandpaper and the most green/yellow stuff coming out of me you'd never seen! So, in a good way. I'm going to put a lot of this down to a common infection of some kind :closedeyes:

Which isn't ideal as I'm going away this weekend on a plane but it's much much better than something sinister.

LouiseAndy
15-05-18, 23:28
I had my second last exam of second year in college today and I'm trying to keep the positive vibe going! Anyone got any tips on how to travel on a plane when stuffed up?

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

I had my second last exam of second year in college today and I'm trying to keep the positive vibe going! Anyone got any tips on how to travel on a plane when stuffed up?

I've noticed that my voice seems to be rather rough and I've been struggling a little bit to talk? Like the back of my thoart feels rather dry now yet I have a lot of saliva and stuff coming into my mouth. I'm also noticing the weird tension pressure is worse on the right side of my face like said above. The mucus (Mainly coming from my throat rather nose) is mainly whiteness and thick rather than yellow and green? I also have the head pressure again, mainly above my eyebrows, temples, behind my ears- all the stuff I've talked about before. Sorry I know this is probably nothing but it's easier to put my thoughts here than giving into doctor google.

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

I guess I'm trying to put my mind onto study right now. I know I shouldn't look for someone to tell me this, but I needed someone to remind me right now that everything is fine. That I can over-come all of these issues ( both mental and physical) because right now I don't feel like I can. I feel so overwhelmed and alone right now. In every way. Physical I feel like I'm falling apart, that I'm going to die any minute. My mind can't focus on anything but expect how horrid everything is and the meaning of any of this. Everyone says how much better I seem to be getting but I feel so scared and alone right now.

LouiseAndy
15-05-18, 23:37
I guess I'm trying to put my mind onto study right now. I know I shouldn't look for someone to tell me this, but I needed someone to remind me right now that everything is fine. That I can over-come all of these issues ( both mental and physical) because right now I don't feel like I can. I feel so overwhelmed and alone right now. In every way. Physical I feel like I'm falling apart, that I'm going to die any minute. My mind can't focus on anything but expect how horrid everything is and the meaning of any of this. Everyone says how much better I seem to be getting but I feel so scared and alone right now.

I can't seem to get my mind away from having something horrible like lymphoma because of a small lump at the back of my neck my doctor didn't even notice the last time she gave me a physical or my Mam when I ask her to check.

I feel like I have some type of tumor on my brain or my jaw. When realistically it's probably just sinus or a other simple issue. Like the more I stress about them. The worst it is.

I never had health anxiety since before last year, I used to have a lot anxiety around a event that happened to me when I was younger but when I seemed to just get over that. This has taken over. I go to therapy, I do everything I can but I just feel so lost right now.

nomorepanic
15-05-18, 23:47
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Fishmanpa
13-01-19, 23:35
The fact this has been a symptom for nearly a year, (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=215007) I think you're fine :)

Positive thoughts