PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause a high temp?

megsi99
15-05-18, 14:37
I've been quite anxious the last couple of days - last night i felt warm and got the chills, then had some stomach issues. My bladder started bothering me and I had a UTI in March, so that made me even more anxious. I did an at-home test and it was negative.

But both last night and this morning when I would take my temp, sometimes it would be 97.9 and other times 99.1 or 89. Can my anxiety cause that to go up? Sometimes I would literally take them back to back and it would go from 99.2 to 97.9.

nomorepanic
15-05-18, 14:37
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Fishmanpa
15-05-18, 14:38
Those are all actually "normal" temperatures.

Positive thoughts

ThroatGoat
15-05-18, 14:55
Yes it can!

I've been worrying about chills and low body temp, apparently anxiety can cause both low or high body temp.

Even the 2 major sources of info I've been looking at - Calm Clinic and Anxiety Centre - which have been life savers for me recently, say that anxiety shouldn't cause fever, but there was a very interesting article I stumbled on yesterday that also mention "psychosomatic fever", which as you can probably guess by the name is a fever caused entirely by your mind. Apparently it is a lot more common than you might think too.

This anxiety thing is truly remarkable.

megsi99
15-05-18, 15:32
Thanks for the responses! It's crazy what your mind can cook up and how your body reacts to it. It's always nice to hear from others who have similar experiences.

Carys
15-05-18, 15:44
The average normal body temperature is generally accepted as 98.6°F (37°C). Some studies have shown that the "normal" body temperature can have a wide range, from 97°F (36.1°C) to 99°F (37.2°C). A temperature over 100.4°F (38°C) most often means you have a fever caused by an infection or illness.

Ta da :D