PDA

View Full Version : Let down ....WHY?

domino
21-07-07, 16:26
I,m not too sure how this will come across so please bear with me, At work i have recently changed departments, still work the night shift but now work dirfferent days, basicly my old manager and i got on like a house on fire, having a laugh, going out with work mates on the odd weekends, Then he becomes a dad :ohmy:That,s where the problem start, we all knew about the forthcoming birth but he was,nt coping to good with it all ,and well a few of us we,re there for him including me.Baby arrives , he takes time off {2wks} and when he gets back i have changed dept.I go over to say hi and ,well it was like how the hell are you, What have i done :shrug:i was confused, he said that he was sick of people going behind his back, and doing things without telling him first.He was on daddy leave or whatever they call it.I had an opportuntyt to change to another dept and i took it,better for me all round , but god how he,s changed,I hear today from a girlfrend that he is saying things about me at work, what,s going on????????I have texted hinm but have heard nothing, we got on so well before what,s changed?

nomorepanic
21-07-07, 17:04
Sounds like he is suffering the equivalent of Post Natal Depression to me!

Can you not tell him this and ask what you have done wrong?

domino
21-07-07, 21:17
Ihave texted earlier, not heard a thing. well i guess that,s say,s it all.I do,nt understand it. oh well it ,s up to him i guess, went last night to get harry potter book and he totally ignored me, his loss not mine.:shrug:

Ellen70
21-07-07, 22:57
Ricks, I don't think it is personal to you. It sounds like the new responsibility of fatherhood and everything changing around him is overwhelming him and he isn't handling it well. When he settles dow in a few weeks, he will more than likely be back to apologise to you.

Ellen

Dave777
22-07-07, 00:46
Hiya, who knows what's going on in his head?, very tough on you though.
Given time he may chill out and your friendship will continue.

Sounds like he has become very stressed out, there will be an opportunity to chat to him later.

Hope all turns out ok.

D.x:flowers:

domino
25-07-07, 06:44
Went to see to chat with my manger at work to see what i have done wrong ,he tells me that i got him into trouble over a job that he asked me to do.He said that he did not tell me to do this job,and i told him that i was not going to take the blame for something he asked me to do. He said that i had let him down and could not see us being friendsanymore, he needs to get over it, and well as much as i hate to say it he can stick it, i do,nt need friends like him, if he can,t take it then he shoud,nt do the job. I was the one let down by him.:shrug:

nanny
25-07-07, 08:26
Hi Rickards

I know how you feel, is it any wonder i trust NO ONE, it's happened to me at work in the past now i won't get close to anyone. :blush:

Paddington
25-07-07, 15:18
Agh just replied and it disappeared on me:mad: oh well i will try again:wacko: Just to say ...here is a hug:hugs: it is horribly childish what this person had done..'oo you got me int o trouble'.. honestly real play ground stuff:shrug: more distressing too as you thought of this person as a friend..hun.i think we have all ,at some point in ourlives,been where you are now..and it is a nasty hurtful place to be:lac: Hereif you want to natter hun:flowers: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxx

domino
25-07-07, 15:56
Thankyou everyone for your replies, nanny, i am now very careful who i speak to, people have noticed at work that there is something wrong, but i just say i,m fine and just get on with what ever i,m doing.Paddington ,cheers for that hun, how are you feling these days ? it was very playgroundish, and i won,t be going down that road again, his 36, and needs to get over it. He,ll find another shoulder to cry on i,m sure.

Paddington
26-07-07, 10:59
Hi Ricards..i am feeling better thanks ,my ear is on the mend..bit i do feel most odd,sorta depressed:shrug: maybe it's the tablets who knows:wacko: I do hope you are ok really with this situation..as the loss of a mate is so upsetting ..i have had people turn on me all my life ..i am now at the stage where i am sooo gaurded with people i just dont have any friends at all:ohmy: and it is a lonely existance..so be sure you are ok with this deep inside,then you can truly move on:flowers: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

domino
26-07-07, 19:41
Hi there paddi, well things are just not good with me at the moment, nearly 2yrs i have know this guy, and i have been there for him, i really thought that i had a friend for life, how wrong was i.I,ve listened to his problems, been the shoulder to cry on ,you name it i was there. I,m learning to be very careful who i befriend in future,I would never have hurt him the way he has hurt me. Ah well life goes on , It,s wired as he could,nt even care about the girl that has now had his child, Caught up in the moment he called it.He needs help.