PDA

View Full Version : Should I invest in eyeglasses?

xtiangray32
16-05-18, 00:57
I have pretty okay eyesight with slight astigmatism. My left eye is about 25 while my right eye is 50. Though with my job being a writer for international dating blogs, review blogs, and video editing, I spend most of my days in front of the computer. On some days, my head would start to ache and I wonder if it’s about time I invest on glasses. I’m not much of a spender so I’m doubting if I really do need them with my grade being so low. My headaches are probably from lack of sleep or something. I also hear that you can upgrade the lenses with anti-screen and anti-UV options. What do you guys think? For those with glasses, do you think it’s a wise decision to invest in them?

NervUs
16-05-18, 01:05
I just got glasses. I hate them. Very hard to adjust to, but I got progressive lenses.

I much prefer the readers you get at the drug store. But, I don't know what your vision #s indicate.

MyNameIsTerry
16-05-18, 02:05
What does an optician think? The thing is, it's not going to go away as you get older so will it help you now and reduce any decline in sight as you age?

I used to spend most days in front of screens in offices. All those screen filters they invest in are BS to me. I found certain supplements really helped my eyes and my sight seemed to improve, so perhaps there is another option, but eventually I found I couldn't read signs at distance and the headaches came so I ended up with glasses.

nomorepanic
16-05-18, 12:46
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

xtiangray32
17-05-18, 01:40
I just got glasses. I hate them. Very hard to adjust to, but I got progressive lenses.

I much prefer the readers you get at the drug store. But, I don't know what your vision #s indicate.

Ooh progressive lenses sounds cool. Yeah, I hate the adjustment period.

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:39 ----------

What does an optician think? The thing is, it's not going to go away as you get older so will it help you now and reduce any decline in sight as you age?

I used to spend most days in front of screens in offices. All those screen filters they invest in are BS to me. I found certain supplements really helped my eyes and my sight seemed to improve, so perhaps there is another option, but eventually I found I couldn't read signs at distance and the headaches came so I ended up with glasses.

Thanks for this. Yeah, I don't want my eyesight to worsen. I guess I'll have to look into this issue deeper.