PDA

View Full Version : blood from my throat

mahran
16-05-18, 16:15
Hi guys,

I got a panic attack when I was clearing my throat and saw a blood with phlegm. It started with sore throat yesterday, I usually sleep with open mouth. Also, the blood is small not in big quantities.

As usual, went to google and it said Lung Cancer.

Is it normal to have tiny blood in your spit when you have sore throat?

Thank you,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
16-05-18, 18:10
You had a sore throat, sleep with your mouth open which dries out the membranes and there ya go. Irritation and nothing more.

Positive thoughts

mahran
16-05-18, 20:16
You had a sore throat, sleep with your mouth open which dries out the membranes and there ya go. Irritation and nothing more.

Positive thoughts

Thank you Fishmanpa,
I hope it is just irritation not something serious.

Catherine S
17-05-18, 00:57
The small blood vessels in places like your throat and nose can be really sensitive and it doesn't take much to irritate them into bleeding. My mother was producing blood in phlegm when she had a cough a few weeks back, and I had a few nosebleeds recently because of the small blood vessels being irritated due to hayfever.

Cath S ☺

mahran
17-05-18, 20:11
The small blood vessels in places like your throat and nose can be really sensitive and it doesn't take much to irritate them into bleeding. My mother was producing blood in phlegm when she had a cough a few weeks back, and I had a few nosebleeds recently because of the small blood vessels being irritated due to hayfever.

Cath S ☺

Hi Cath,
Thank you for your reply. Yes it seems irritation because the amount of the blood is so small and today no blood so far.