PDA

View Full Version : Anyone trigger their own dizzy/off-balnce/cloudy/pressure head?

bchrismar
16-05-18, 16:34
Greetings all,

I've had stress disorder (anxiety related) for years and have made great strides towards recovery and getting back to living a great life. I've had ups and downs of course. I don't use any meds. (Didn't help/bad expereince.) I've done it all with acceptance, mindset work and lifestyle approach.

I'm really familiar with anxiety symptoms so I know what I'm experiencing during this flare-up can be stress/anxiety related. What I'm wondering is, if anyone has triggered their own symptoms similar to this.

Basically, it's been a fairly stressful moth at work and home and I've probably pushed myself too hard. One night about 2.5 weeks ago I was doing some housework but also some exercises in between.
I have this machine where you can do combo exercises/lifts. Basically, I laid down on my back and did some resistance pull-ups. They were extremely strenuous but I've done other heavy exercises for months and months.

When I stood back up, I noticed feeling some pressure, lighte headedness... maybe some balance issues. It came on somewhat slowly over the next hour or so but continued into the night. Was there heavy when I woke up the next day.

It's now been almost 3 weeks. I'm wondering if anyone has ever triggered their own head symptoms like this before? I've hit my head in the past and one time I had symptoms for almost a month after doing so. It seems like I may have triggered something again.

I'm not really looking to hear horror stories, that's not really helpful to anyone here. However, I'm trying to see if anyone can relate to possibly bringing on their own physical symtpoms via activity? And how you worked through it during that time and kept a good mindset about recovery.

Any advice, experiences appreciated. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

And sorry, for clairty of the symptoms:

Dizzy, spacy, off balance, issues walking, turning head creates dizziness, eyes trouble focusing, head feels thick, forehead feels light pressure, almost inflated, headache at times.

I realize these are all stress and anxiety symptoms. More wondering about the relation of them to the physical activity, triggering from exertion or contact, etc.

OakleyEdward
16-05-18, 19:16
Hey, there.

I've definitely done stuff very similar to what you describe. My BIG problem is dizziness and balance issues. Kind of feels like you're walking weird, on a boat perhaps, and nothing seems to stay completely still.

I think it's all about not giving it time really, I know if I sit and think about it I'll feel 10x worse and the opposite is true. If I really immerse myself into a task or a hobby the symptoms are much reduced.

Keep your chin up!

meant2live
16-05-18, 19:52
I’m not sure if this is what your looking for, but I have orthostatic hypotension, so I can definitely bring on symptoms by jumping up too quickly. Do you think it could be something like that?

bchrismar
16-05-18, 23:41
Thanks guys...

My blood pressure is on the lower side so I can get dizzy standing up too fast too. But, that never really bothers me too much. (But I can relate)

Oakley,

Yeah, I've been busy the last couple weeks. It's not really slowing me down much, it's just wearing on me a bit if I'm honest. My acceptance skill are good, but not perfect. My mind can wander into "how long will this last" territory if I don't redirect it after a while.

I think the fact that these spells have come after traumas (of sorts) concerns me a bit more. Feels almost like a physical agitation of some mechanism in the brain/inner ear maybe that has been primed up to act erratically. So, it's about containing the mind's wanting to "solve" it and just let it solve itself.

bchrismar
28-05-18, 16:39
Just bumping this as it's been a bit and wondering if anyone might be able to the experience of bringing on their bout of head symptoms with an event... (exercise, strain, hitting head, etc.)

Still there a month later. I'm managing it better, living with it but have to say it's quite surprising after so much recovery.

I expect it's somehow stress-related, even though it did come on with a positional exercise.

Just wondering if anyone can relate...