PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Margykira82
16-05-18, 18:18
Hi my name is margy, I have just joined this site, I suffer really bad with health anxiety. I have been suffering from health anxiety for a while now. Recently I have been really bad, I feel like my pulse is going too slow, it's in high 50s 60s rate. I do panic when it's like that. I am constantly checking my pulse too, feels like I am going crazy. I do take 1 propranolol at night.

Can anyone give me any advice xx

venusbluejeans
16-05-18, 18:26
Hiya Margykira82 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
19-05-18, 14:50
Good morning Margykira82.

I understand where you are coming from I have health anxiety myself. My focus was either my heart or my blood pressure or my breathing. my best suggestion would be to let your healthcare provider know about your concerns. On occasion I discovered that having my doctor check and tell me the facts, that it calmed me down.

I also discovered through mediation and other calming exercises that I could reduce my stress levels. I tell you this not to belittle your concerns, but instead be proactive and tell your healthcare provider everything that worries you. Best to you on your journey Margykira82. NMP has many helps on your situation.