PDA

View Full Version : A terrifying obsession that won't seem to get out of my head...

Snowstripe
17-05-18, 03:19
There's something lately that has been freaking me out and it won't seem to go away. I keep thinking about the passing of time and how the present moment lasts one second before it just becomes a memory in my head. I then freak myself out by getting irrational thoughts like "What if 5 minutes ago never happened." "what if yesterday never happened and I just popped into existence this very moment."

It's a scary realization that has caused me so much anxiety to the point where I get panic attacks constantly and I'm not sure how to cope with it. I've been having to take a benzo every day just to function, and I really don't want to become dependent on them.

I'm mostly just looking for some reassurance that I'm not going crazy because I have found pretty much no one with this same obsession. If anyone can do that I would be grateful, I just need someone to talk to right now and isolating myself is going to just make it worse.