PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a pimple last more than two weeks?

Sparky16
17-05-18, 14:12
I have problems with adult acne on both my face and chest. A couple of weeks ago when the weather warmed up I had a breakout on both my face and chest. I think it's because I'm sweating when I'm outside working in the yard and such. It's clearing up, except I have one raised red pimple high on my chest near my shoulder that does not look any better, even though I have had it for 15 days now. I gave up and made an appointment with my dermatologist since I am panicking about skin cancer.

Has anyone had a pimple last this long and not look like it was at least starting to get better?

neuroticcat
17-05-18, 17:08
Yes i did. I don't really have breakout but once in a while i try to take out a blackhead and i don't do it correctly and i get a big pimple that lasts for ages.

Sparky16
18-05-18, 03:51
Thanks, NeuroticCat. I can't remember having one that lasted this long before with no improvement!

MyNameIsTerry
18-05-18, 14:27
Have you disturbed it? Maybe even with clothes? If so it might need more time to heal.

My skin isn't great and I have plenty of red marks, scratches, etc. I've noticed in recent years that they take longer to heal than they used to and they can be there for months now.

Sparky16
19-05-18, 02:17
It is where the strap from my laptop bag would rub it, that's true. I've stopped carrying the bag over shoulder to see if that helps.

Littlemisssunshine10
20-05-18, 08:34
I had one on my nose for8 weeks before my wedding was awful. Couldn't get it to go
X

Sparky16
20-05-18, 18:50
Littlemisssunsjine, what a bad time to have a pimple on your nose! Figures that's when a person would get one that takes 8 weeks to go away.

Sparky16
01-06-18, 03:35
I did see the dermatologist last week as the spot was still not healing. She said that although it might be acne related, it also did resemble a basal cell cancer. I had a BCC last year on my upper lip, so it was definitely a possibility. She recommended a biopsy. I got the results back today, and it was benign. This spot had several hallmarks of BCC, including being pink, pearly, translucent looking, new, and persistent, but it turned out to be nothing. More importantly, it was not some rare amelanotic melanoma, which you know I thought of.