PDA

View Full Version : Tired Of Being Alone

Gordon
22-07-07, 00:03
Hi All

Does anyone know how I can cope better with being alone by myself at weekends? My dad goes away to visit friends a lot and leaves me here by myself and I'm tired of it. I hate being all on my own with no one to talk to face to face. I have no friends here in the village, all my real life friends are scattered all over the country.

I'm starting to get obsessed with whether people like me or not as a lot of my friends say that they're there for me and when I go to call them I can't get a hold of them for hours sometimes.

Being alone is really hurting me.

Gordon XX

ThreeBee23
22-07-07, 00:26
I'm not sure what you believe, but have you ever thought of looking for a good Bible believing church to go to on Sunday? You should get to meet lots of people and if you find a good church then they will accept and love you just the way you are! Just a thought. :)

Dave777
22-07-07, 00:51
Hi, are you into Sport?, maybe try a game of Badminton?
Any Clubs of any sort where you live?

A workmate does a bit of gardening for people and some Bar work, also taken up canoeing

Hope this helps
cheers
Dave

clickaway
22-07-07, 01:18
Gordon,

Sounds as if the answer is to make some new friends nearer to home.

There is an 'umbrella' web site called Meet-Up.com that brings people with similar interests in the same towns together. Here's the link for the Newcastle area but you can reset it for any distance from any city in the world.

http://www.meetup.com/cities/gb/newcastle_upon_tyne/?radius=15#Hobbies

I'm sure people like you really - so often it's our own self-perception that is rather negative and innacurate.

Take Care mate

syl
22-07-07, 07:54
Hi Gordon
I know how you feel as I have been alone for two years since my husband died
i used to feel the same as you but my son bought me a webcam for the computer and it is suprising how many people have them so yu can talk face to face even though it is on computer
they are not that expensive thing mine was about £25 but well worth the money plus i have found a lot of site that do we cam chats
dont know if it might help you
take care

kazzie
22-07-07, 13:04
Hi Gordy:hugs:

Have You thought about doing some voluntry work......it would be a good way to meet others without spending money!!!

Luv Kaz x x x

Gordon
22-07-07, 15:05
Thanks everyone.

I forgot to add it's not every weekend I'm alone, but quite often.

I found that there's a group that does walks around my area twice a week for a couple of hours. I'm thinking of going as I'd get to be with people and it's exercise too.

Gordon XX

domino
22-07-07, 15:09
That,s great news gordon, get yourself out there have fun.