PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor fear!

Gothfairy
18-05-18, 09:53
Hi all

I am going to just come out and say it - I think I have a brain tumor!

I have never suffered headaches in my life and for the last 1-2 weeks I have had this dull pressure tightband feeling around my head headache if that makes sense? The type of headache you get when you have been crying for a long time, this is what I have all the day.....
I do hydrate and I do try and not stress about things however I have HA.

Can someone please try and talk to me about this because I have been in tears crying about dying from this tumor in my head. I have been to the Dr yesterday and she says its a head cold or sinus/allergies...WTF, I am not sneezing or bunged up.....she said my BP was slightly up but nothing to worry about and not connected to the headaches.....

I really do not know which other way to turn....

Thanks all

nomorepanic
18-05-18, 11:46
Brain tumours rarely show up as just headaches.

If you have seen the doctor then they would know what to look for.

wilky44
18-05-18, 13:54
Tension or stress headache. Not a brain tumour, like already said, they come with many more symptoms. Seen what a brain tumour does to somebody first hand, and it's nothing like what you have.

Gothfairy
18-05-18, 14:51
Thank you for your response! Much appreciated

I am naturally just a worrier..... I have HA and I admit it, especially if I do not suffer with headaches and then all of a sudden BOOM I have them everyday which is not normal for me at all.....if feels like my temples are being squeezed together now...

I will have to see how it goes for the next few days or so

jojo2316
18-05-18, 15:33
I have this at the moment too. It does sound like tension. You mention a tight band feeling, which is exactly how tension headaches are described....

Gothfairy
18-05-18, 16:30
I have this at the moment too. It does sound like tension. You mention a tight band feeling, which is exactly how tension headaches are described....

I really hope it is and goes away soon.......really dont want to sit the whole weekend worrying....

SkyBlue252
18-05-18, 18:23
I get that tight band feeling in my head, sometimes ringling feeling and heart races.
It' likely something like tension headaches. Its an annoying feeling.

Plenty of rest, relax with yoga and meditation, and not fight anxiety so I read online helps me a little, but it' worth the try. Make sure you drink plenty of healthy fluids, I take ginger and honey with warm water now and then. And eat healthy and excercise.

Brain tumor would have other effects, neurological and physical.

yarodao
18-05-18, 19:46
When my panic attacks just started i had huge headaches the likes that make you vomit. Been like that for two weeks. The over two months with headaches ranging from 2 to 7 on a scale of 10. Now im ok. Just kniw that anxiety can cause this. If youre unsure go do some tests in a private climic if you have the money for it

Gothfairy
21-05-18, 10:06
Thanks all -had the pressure on my forehead all weekend :( going for an eye test on Saturday, apparently they can detect brain tumors this way also, freaking out though as I really cannot cope with this nonsense!

Crispy
21-05-18, 11:03
Hi Gothfairy,

Head pressure / feeling light headed / off-balance / dizziness - I have experienced the same and like yourself thought it was something serious. Have seen doctors / neurologist / MRI scan - all come back clean and diagnosed with stress / anxiety.

Over the weekend I felt normal (ish) however, since coming into work this morning I can feel the head pressure slowly building......it's tension and am sure your problem is the same.

Gothfairy
21-05-18, 12:06
Hi Gothfairy,

Head pressure / feeling light headed / off-balance / dizziness - I have experienced the same and like yourself thought it was something serious. Have seen doctors / neurologist / MRI scan - all come back clean and diagnosed with stress / anxiety.

Over the weekend I felt normal (ish) however, since coming into work this morning I can feel the head pressure slowly building......it's tension and am sure your problem is the same.

Hi Crispy

Thank you - comforting to know you have had the same - I have it all the time now, feels like I have bricks on my forehead pressing down......is horrible....I am going back to the Dr tomorrow to check my BP again and will mention I still have it.......

Crispy
21-05-18, 19:01
'feels like I have bricks on my forehead pressing down' - am no expert but this very much sounds like a classic tension headache symptom.

After coming back home from work my head feels like it is a vice or something, am on meds. but this just seems to reduce the problem rather than killing it off. At weekends in my own environment - no problem - back to work and it starts again :(

Gothfairy
22-05-18, 09:46
'feels like I have bricks on my forehead pressing down' - am no expert but this very much sounds like a classic tension headache symptom.

After coming back home from work my head feels like it is a vice or something, am on meds. but this just seems to reduce the problem rather than killing it off. At weekends in my own environment - no problem - back to work and it starts again :(

Hi Crispy

Went back to the GP this morning - BP is still on the higher end but nothing concerning - Dr has though referred me for a head MRI - WTF - seriously stressing - if he did not think its sinister why send me???? My aunt had a brain tumor (benign) years ago and thats when he said Yes you need a MRI - heart nearly stopped!!!!

Crispy
22-05-18, 12:56
Hi Gothfairy,

I was referred also for an MRI head scan and was very pleased for it. The procedure took about 15 minutes was no big deal and of course very re-assuring when the results came back as normal.

They are sending you to rule out any more sinister problems - I would definately go for it. If it is of any coincednce I have higher than normal BP too - am active and in reasonable shape for my age - I think a lot of it comes down to our mental state.

Gothfairy
22-05-18, 13:41
Hi Gothfairy,

I was referred also for an MRI head scan and was very pleased for it. The procedure took about 15 minutes was no big deal and of course very re-assuring when the results came back as normal.

They are sending you to rule out any more sinister problems - I would definately go for it. If it is of any coincednce I have higher than normal BP too - am active and in reasonable shape for my age - I think a lot of it comes down to our mental state.

Thanks - scary though & the waiting for results is the worst thing ever......seriously hate this stuff! GP said that brain tumors are rare and within the last 12 months he has referred about 24 people and they were all normal....... should be reassuring but no, can not stop thinking about it now

Gothfairy
08-06-18, 09:30
Hi again all
So the forehead pressure seemed to go slightly last week and all of this week it is back and driving me to despair, really do not know what is going on.

Have been wearing my new glasses as instructed by the Optometrist but nothing is working......really feels like this is a brain tumor and I have weeks to live!!!

wilky44
08-06-18, 10:19
Brain tumours don't come and go as they please. You've been seen by professionals who diagnosed you. You need help for HA, nothing else

Crispy
08-06-18, 11:33
Hi,

As above, I do not believe you have a brain tumour - the head pressure / dizziness are as a likely result of tension type headaches. I also had eyes tested, new prescription, but the head problems remained.

You more than likely are suffering this as a result of anxiety / stress or something that is making you unhappy. Our subconscious is very powerful and cannot be tricked - how do I know this - because I suffer the exact same, at worst my balance feels all over the place it's horrible :(

Gothfairy
08-06-18, 15:45
Thank you for the replies....I wish the MRI would just get done now so that I know what is going on....its horrible just to worry....when I stand the pressure on my forehead is terrible....it goes after 30 seconds but then the pressure headache on my forehead will persist :(

Fishmanpa
08-06-18, 16:29
it goes after 30 seconds

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" on standby :winks:

Positive thoughts

Gothfairy
08-06-18, 17:35
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" on standby :winks:

Positive thoughts

Thank you :) - the headache persists but the pressure is there when I stand where the headache is.......has to be something abnormal stuck there or growing....

Fishmanpa
08-06-18, 17:43
has to be something abnormal stuck there or growing....

You're right... It's called tension from anxiety and possibly allergies ;) Let us know what the doctor says.

Positive thoughts

Gothfairy
08-06-18, 17:54
You're right... It's called tension from anxiety and possibly allergies ;) Let us know what the doctor says.

Positive thoughts

Thanks again for replying - been to the GP and waiting for Jun 25th for a brain MRI.......something must be wrong to send me for one of them,....surely

xmas2016
11-06-18, 22:25
I get this and I’m also convinced I have a brain tumour, it’s like a pressure on the top of my head and my face goes numb and it hurts behind my ears, I’ve only had it the last few months and my gp says it’s part of my anxiety but the more I get it the more paranoid I am

Gothfairy
12-06-18, 10:06
I get this and I’m also convinced I have a brain tumour, it’s like a pressure on the top of my head and my face goes numb and it hurts behind my ears, I’ve only had it the last few months and my gp says it’s part of my anxiety but the more I get it the more paranoid I am

Hi there

Yes mine is prominently the forehead pressure, when I stand up the pressure increases and my ears go all blocked....its horrible, the pressure remains all day!

jray23
13-06-18, 05:08
Thanks again for replying - been to the GP and waiting for Jun 25th for a brain MRI.......something must be wrong to send me for one of them,....surelySometimes doctors (in my experience) will just send you off for whatever test so that you can get reassurance (because they can tell that we have anxiety!) and move on with your life. Or maybe there's that .01% chance of something they need to rule out. Getting a referral is not a legitimate reason to worry.

I'm no doc either but like others have said this sounds like tension headaches to me.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Gothfairy
13-06-18, 14:51
Sometimes doctors (in my experience) will just send you off for whatever test so that you can get reassurance (because they can tell that we have anxiety!) and move on with your life. Or maybe there's that .01% chance of something they need to rule out. Getting a referral is not a legitimate reason to worry.

I'm no doc either but like others have said this sounds like tension headaches to me.

Thanks for the reply.....got a cold now so struggling with asthma and this worry of my head!!!! :weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

xmas2016
14-06-18, 17:12
I get this, like a pressure in my head behind my eyes, ears, nose goes numb. Just been docs I’ve to have a head scan

Gothfairy
15-06-18, 16:53
Have you then had the head scan?

Mine is a week this coming Monday

Crispy
18-06-18, 11:36
Hello,

Just wondering how you were getting on with the head issues ? Over the weekend I felt fine but since getting back to work today (where I feel most tense) I can sense the dreaded brain-fog / head pressure / dizziness slowly building. Was looking forward to going out to watch the football tonight, but will see how it feels when get home :shrug:

I think having the scan is a great idea for your own reassurance - best of luck :yesyes:

xmas2016
18-06-18, 14:33

no i am just waiting on an appt, i hope it comes quick as ive had this on and off for 8 days now!

Gothfairy
18-06-18, 17:44
Hello,

Just wondering how you were getting on with the head issues ? Over the weekend I felt fine but since getting back to work today (where I feel most tense) I can sense the dreaded brain-fog / head pressure / dizziness slowly building. Was looking forward to going out to watch the football tonight, but will see how it feels when get home :shrug:

I think having the scan is a great idea for your own reassurance - best of luck :yesyes:

Well it was ok, some days the pressure is there other days not however I have recently just caught a cold so not sure if the pressure is from the cold and sinus's or the head issue....but my scan is next week Monday at 08.40 - should hear something by the end of next week the Dr said.....so scared there is something though...makes my stomach do somersaults!

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

no i am just waiting on an appt, i hope it comes quick as ive had this on and off for 8 days now!

I know how you feel, mine took 4 weeks to come through - assuming you in UK?

xmas2016
18-06-18, 20:07
Well it was ok, some days the pressure is there other days not however I have recently just caught a cold so not sure if the pressure is from the cold and sinus's or the head issue....but my scan is next week Monday at 08.40 - should hear something by the end of next week the Dr said.....so scared there is something though...makes my stomach do somersaults!

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

I know how you feel, mine took 4 weeks to come through - assuming you in UK?

Yes I’m in the UK. If I’m busy it takes my mind if it but as soon as I’m not it’s there and my nose goes numb too! So frustrating forever thinking something is wrong, this is all since I had a baby I was never a worrier before that!

nmp1991ah
18-06-18, 20:36
I had a pressure-pain feeling behind my right eye last year that lasted 1-2 months. I would wake up in the morning and feel it coming back. I was convinced it was a tumor or something of the sort, or eye issues. it all eventually went away, along with the anxiety that followed it.

positive thoughts.

xmas2016
20-06-18, 19:28

Mines next Tuesday, good luck with yours

Gothfairy
21-06-18, 09:48
Thanks - dont have a problem going for it its the waiting for the results that scare and bug the hell out of me...constantly checking your phone for a missed call to say 'please come in'

Gothfairy
25-06-18, 08:07
On my way to have the head MRI. im a ball of nerves to say the least! I wish one could get the results instantly as I will have to wait for them. Im so scaared, I know there is something there!

Crispy
25-06-18, 08:35
Best of luck, I think mine took about 15mins was pretty straight-forward /painless process. Please do keep us updated as to your progress, I did have to wait about a month for results.

To me, the MRI scan machine sounded like an old 1980's computer game loading screen once it got going.

Gothfairy
25-06-18, 13:30
I have the results and all normal!!! Soooo happy

Crispy
25-06-18, 14:11
Great News - you must be very relieved, so re-assuring :)

Out of interest, have you had been proivded with any explanation for the head issues ? I was prescribed with Amitriptyline and have been using it for say the past 2/3 months. Unfortunately, I still have feelings of head pressure (not painful it's very hard to describe) which makes me feel off balance like walking on a boat or on sponges.

If I try to explain this to most people they don't understand and look at me as if am losing the plot. Am quite sane, but utterly fed-up of this head pressure / brain fog which doesn't seem to go away.

Fishmanpa
25-06-18, 14:38

Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood "Told Ya So Gang"

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUySTFgfY1L9rP38uA/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

Gothfairy
25-06-18, 14:47
I have to see my GP in a fortnight now and get some treatment. I know what you mean though as when istand from sitting I feel totally disoriented and instable then the pressure starts its horrible. Ill tell ypu when I see the dr what we do next

Gothfairy
26-06-18, 09:57
Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood "Told Ya So Gang"

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUySTFgfY1L9rP38uA/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

HAHA thanks for the support :yesyes:

xmas2016
27-06-18, 19:58

How did you manage to get the results the same day? I had my CT scan Saturday and still waiting

Gothfairy
28-06-18, 08:52
How did you manage to get the results the same day? I had my CT scan Saturday and still waiting

To be honest I really do not know how it happened to get results the same day! My GP knows my anxiety and when I went for the MRI I told the staff how nervous and anxious I was and if at all possible they could push my scan through quickly so they obviously did and the result was uploaded on my profile which I can log into from my GP surgery....

Have you called your GP to see if they have received anything yet?

xmas2016
28-06-18, 15:29
To be honest I really do not know how it happened to get results the same day! My GP knows my anxiety and when I went for the MRI I told the staff how nervous and anxious I was and if at all possible they could push my scan through quickly so they obviously did and the result was uploaded on my profile which I can log into from my GP surgery....

Have you called your GP to see if they have received anything yet?

i got my CT scan results today and it was normal thank god! he is going to prescribe me something for migraines to see if its that.

Gothfairy
28-06-18, 17:46
i got my CT scan results today and it was normal thank god! he is going to prescribe me something for migraines to see if its that.

Yes that is fantastic! Congrats! Yes, I am with my Dr a week today to discuss treatment...the pressure has got better though....

Crispy
29-06-18, 11:02
Hi,

I was prescibed with Amitriptyline to help with the head pressure. Have been using it a couple of months but unfortunately still have issues with the head pressure / dizziness / balance issues which feel like vertigo. It seems to gradually build during the day whilst at work (at home at the weekend I have no problem) I do not know whether it is my job (mainly sat at a desk) the people around me (some of whom i do not like) or the general office environment.

Wish I had an answer as by the time I leave my workplace I almost feel unfit to drive. Am considering going back to Doctors as am not sure how much the meds are working.....

jray23
30-06-18, 00:20
Crispy, by any chance is your office lit by flourescent lighting? And if so, do you find that you get some of these feelings in other places that have a lot of flourescent lighting, like shopping malls, big department stores, etc.?

Crispy
01-07-18, 20:16
jray23 very interesting - yes i do work in an office with florescent lighting with quite a low ceiling and don't like it. In certain shops with major lighting of this type I won't even enter as it makes me feel dizzy - I don't know how the workers cope with it.

I have however experienced brain fog / head pressure in different environment, at a meal out recently felt terrible and couldn't wait to get out. I hate big shopping malls because 1) the amount of pushy people 2) the lighting as you have described.

jray23
02-07-18, 04:27
I suspected that from the way you talked about it. Perhaps a visit to an ENT, particularly one who specializes in balance issues, might be helpful if you haven't yet. That kind of description of lighting, malls, etc causing imbalance, and then in turn brain fog, heavy head, fatigue and such is common with inner ear problems. It's also common with anxiety too of course and the two often go hand in hand.