PDA

View Full Version : Little lump on arm

Worrywart1234
18-05-18, 12:08
I have this little lump on my arm. Lump might be too much of a big word, actually, it’s like a little swelling, sort of like a blind pimple with no head - but completely soft and about the size of a pin head. It looks basically skin coloured, but has a little twinge of white. I’ve only noticed it for a couple of months, but because I read a news story about a woman who thought she had a white pimple and it was sun cancer I am really worried I have sun cancer.

Please give me some logic - with skin cancer you look out for freckles that are black, itchy, maybe raised and definitely changing, don’t you....This is more like a tiny bite or something.

Please help.

Paul84
18-05-18, 12:33
It's likely just a tiny lump of nothingness. I've had this fear pop in my head occasionally, but the thing to remember is, the skin isn't porcelain; it isn't perfectly smooth and most lumps, bumps, moles, tags are perfectly harmless. The things you've mentioned to look out for, are what most people look out for. But my understanding from somebody I know that had SC was; they noticed a growth, it continued to change/grow pretty rapidly and it wasn't easy to ignore. It was removed and that was that, they are good and rocking out.

To quote Fishmanpa...

"Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts"