PDA

View Full Version : Contact with wart

Kevinor762
19-05-18, 20:00
This is something that I'm having trouble figuring out

If I step somewhere with my foot wart and later my lifeguard uniform with whistle touches it (can't wash it right now)
And I use the whistle will I get mouth warts and die from infection???

Fishmanpa
19-05-18, 20:06
:huh: :wacko: Time to use those CBT exercises again and I urge you to do so before posting :winks:

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
19-05-18, 20:26
You can't die from warts but as FMP said you need to work through this on your own as well.

swajj
21-05-18, 11:43
How on earth are you going to save anyone when you are so terrified of catching something? You have to touch people to save them from drowning. Maybe lifeguard is not the job for you. Just saying.

Phuzella
21-05-18, 12:46
Is this in a swimming pool or the sea??

Carys
21-05-18, 12:55
NOBODY ever dies from viral warts.....ever....ever....ever.....

How can you jump mentally to dying from warts?; even if they spread over entire face, hands and feet....which they won't of course !!!!.....they are nothing that causes people illness.

Taken from Dermnet NZ..

Many people don't bother to treat viral warts because treatment can be more uncomfortable than the warts—they are hardly ever a serious problem. Warts that are very small and not troublesome can be left alone and in some cases they will regress on its own.
No treatment is universally effective at eradicating viral warts. In children, even without treatment, 50% of warts disappear within 6 months, and 90% are gone in 2 years. They are more persistent in adults but they clear up eventually. As a teenager I had two on my hands for years, and veruccas (like loads of kids have) and they never spread anywhere at all.

I agree with the others you started doing some really good work on the thought processes about catching things and dying, but this post is a regression.