PDA

View Full Version : Put on 2 medications for heart and now freaking myself out..

yekimd
20-05-18, 06:51
I was born with congenital heart defects / had two heart surgeries as a baby / had ablation in 2nd grade for atrial flutter (caused by scar tissue from prior surgeries) Recently my cardiologist said my heart was a bit more globular than usual and my heart function was a little down as well as I have some pvcs. Now none of this is anything new it just came back sort of I suppose and it can be attributed to my weight and being out of shape with blood pressure issues I suppose. Anyway, I was placed on 2 medications an ACE-Inhibitor and a Beta-Blocker. My doctor told me, and supposedly my parents that there's no need for concern and that the beta-blocker may actually help my physical symptoms of anxiety. And for the most part it's worked, but I'm still having bad thoughts, I feel as if my parents and doctor are lying to me and I'm not okay, I'm afraid of what's going to happen to me and what is happening. I will take these meds every day and work out and diet but I'm scared.