PDA

View Full Version : Severe Health Anxiety

214alejandro
20-05-18, 19:11
I am new to these Anxiety forums. It helps a lot to know i am not the only one. :unsure: I constantly fear having a Brain Aneurysm, a stroke, a blood vessel clot, a bursted blood vessel or something else in my brain. I get these weird numbing sensations in my head and then i feel pressure and it doesn’t go away. I don't understand how I can KNOW I'm not having a stroke but not KNOW all at the same time. And that is maddening. And that's when the guilt and the hatred of myself begins. I also don't understand how I can be such an intelligent person and let something so trivial and made up control me. I hate these feelings. The feelings are so “real.” I sound dumb and annoying. I annoy myself too...
I’ve been feeling weird for too long, thats why I can’t think good things. Because I feel sick. I feel like I’m going to die, it hurts so bad. My hands feel cold and my head feels warm. I’m scared and irritated with this. I want this feeling to go away. LIKE THIS IS WEIRD. I FEEL LIKE FALLING AND IT DOESNT GO AWAY. IM TRYING, I FEEL SICK. My head is hurting, I feel like throwing up and I am off balance. I can’t walk or talk. Am I dying slowly? It used to be heart I was complaining about, but now that my heart was clear my focus is my head.

Pkstracy
21-05-18, 05:42
Hi welcome to the forum, have you been to a therapist? Doctor?, If you have anxiety it can really do a number on our bodies. If you haven't been to a therapist, May I suggest you do that? If you have, just know this possibly your anxiety flaring up and what ways c an you control it? Meditating, going for a walk? Drawing, adult coloring books?

IreneRumi
21-05-18, 15:31
I've been there and still am there to some degree. Especially with the blood clot/brain/heart fears, even though I've been cleared by 10 doctors and am only 25.
Distraction is your friend - I've taken up painting and tennis. I've gotten so much better in the last month especially after months and months of terrible anxiety symptoms.