PDA

View Full Version : What are these brown spots on my skin ?

Databey19
20-05-18, 19:42
I’m 21 years old and I’ve recently noticed these brown spots slightly below my knees and by my feet next to my ankles. I scrape them off and it’s white crust skin underneath. Could this be a sign of skin cancer or age spots or what ?

Fishmanpa
20-05-18, 19:54
Skin cancer seems to be your major fear as your last three threads are about it. Frankly, I don't see it but obviously anything that's not porcelain smooth is a trigger for you.

Are you getting help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Databey19
20-05-18, 19:58
Yeah i just noticed brown spots on my legs and ankles that are scaly so it concerned me. And no not yet

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

I know I need help

Databey19
21-05-18, 04:39
I keep thinking I have melanoma, idk why

Databey19
21-05-18, 05:19
Here’s a better picture, I have them on the same spots on both ankles and under my knees

Fishmanpa
21-05-18, 11:35
What does posting pictures of your dry skin patches for strangers on the internet accomplish? I understand the reassurance seeking aspect but will it really help? Beside, you got the best reassurance possible less than two weeks ago!

I went to my screening today in NYU and I’m completely free of all types of skin cancers which was a huge positive.

Perhaps it's time to seek help?

Positive thoughts

Bigboyuk
21-05-18, 11:54
I Agree totally yes you have been given the All Clear which as you rightly say is positive news for you, trouble is with HA it will find something else to keep the terrible cycle going and it will keep happening, you all ready admit it's time to get professional help so start the ball rolling now and you recovery can be begin :) ATB