PDA

View Full Version : Terrified and Hopeless...Please Help

funnyfeeling65
20-05-18, 20:30
Hello, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone had ever experienced this? Three weeks ago I noticed some lumps behind both of knees. They become more prominent when my leg is straightened. They are pretty squishy and I have around five in each leg. I went to a physician who felt the biggest one and said it was a lipoma. A few days later the lumps began to hurt. Unfortunately I was in the process of moving and made a 10 hour drive straight to another state. I proceeded to move in and was going up and down the stairs a lot. Two days later I woke up and my right calf began to cramp. The cramp lasted for about three days. Now the back of my calf is covered in brown splotches. The left calf has now begun to cramp up as well. I have been taking ibuprofen which has helped and I was prescribed prednisone as the doctor here noticed my knee was swollen. I have had numerous ultrasounds and plenty of blood work and the cramping still will not go away. The lumps are also beginning to hurt more and the pain is starting to be accompanied by abdominal pain. I am at a lost for what to do next? I am being tested for autoimmune disorders which the doctor believes I have but this is unlike anything i've ever experienced and I am terrified. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post

ThroatGoat
20-05-18, 20:55
Lipomas are squishy and movable lumps that are not usually (far as I'm aware) symmetrical in shape. I know mine aren't anyway. They're usually painless too, unless you start playing with them, then the area around them might start to get to painful.

Just putting that out there from my experience. I have them and they're usually hereditary, so if you have a parent who has them then it could be likely.

Limeslime
20-05-18, 21:27
I have lumps behind my knees too. I’ve never worried about them, just assumed they were fatty deposits! I think it’s quite normal!
Have you been constantly checking them...Pokeing and prodding? That would account for any tenderness. Your calf pain may simply be muscular pain, especially given all the physical activity you’ve been doing lately! Ever heard of shin splints? Runners get it, and it sounds a lot like what you’ve described! Some gentle stretches, compression dressings and rest should help!