PDA

View Full Version : incapcity benefit

amberbear
22-07-07, 19:01
i suffer agrophobia and i have just started to claim incapcity benefit but my income support has stop , i was told that it would not stop and incapcity benefit was on top , can anyone who is on it explain it to me , because i am worse off than b4 , i was turned down disabilty living allowance which i am appealing , can any one give me a bit of advice , even the money i received from my daughter has stopped , i am so confused by this , i just did what the benefit officer advised me to do , now i am worse off even to the point that i have no money to live on for the next 2 weeks is this right

Piglet
22-07-07, 19:06
Gosh I'm sure this can't be right - I actually thought IB would have been a little higher than IS. I would ring them first thing tommorow hun and ask for a breakdown of the figures.

Love Piglet :flowers:

bluebottle
23-07-07, 11:28
Love your quote Lolly. :yesyes:

honeybee3939
23-07-07, 11:53
Hi Amber

Check this link out hun, it explains all about Incapacity Benifits.
http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/dev_008025.xml.html

Sounds wrong to me too, you certainly shouldnt be worse off and looking at the guidelines you are entitled to claim income support also depending on your circumstances.

Give them a ring hun like piglet suggests.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

amberbear
23-07-07, 14:54
hi thanks everyone , finally got it sorted today it only took all morning , so i can breath again lol

Alabasterlyn
23-07-07, 15:23
Amber if you have agoraphobia you should also be entitled to DLA if only at the lower mobility rate. If you were turned down you should ask them why and appeal against the decision.