PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline Blog

Ricyle29
21-05-18, 10:49
Hi all,

So i decided to take Sertraline yesterday evening around 7:45pm and decided I'd start a running journal....will try and update each day and hopefully it can give an insight to people that are deciding whether to take it

Day 1
No immediate effects from the tablet as expected, I was quite anxious before I took the tablet and a lot of concentration was on my breathing however this calmed down before I took it. My sleep wasnt too effected, i'm not the best of sleepers anyway, got about 5 hours last night, on Waking up this morning i felt like I was shaking uncontrollably, however it seemed like an internal shaking as there was no visible signs of shaking. I seem to feel a bit more anxious as I'm typing this and that I'm not really in my body (derelization happening again). I'm not sure if its the tablet causing this anxiousness or the fact that I had put it off for 3 weeks before taking it, now overthinking what its doing to me. Anyway hopefully I'll relax soon and will drop in tomorrow with an update
***PM update - felt okay for the rest of the day - slightly light headed and not fully in tune but quite relaxed ��
P.s - feel free to leave any comments/suggestions if reading :)

Ricyle29
22-05-18, 16:46
Day 2
An awful day to be honest, and I didn't expect side effects so soon....but I think I know why. I'm the bearer of my own bad news and by researching the side effects of Sertraline I have got the idea in my head that I will experience them. Therefore it started off last night, I got in my head that I won't be able to sleep so low and behold I didn't get to sleep until about 1:30am but i was rudely awakened at 2am by my whole body shaking like a leaf on a blustery day, automatically this put me into a panic and i was up until 3:30 looking up what that is (of course another Sertraline side effect). Finally got a bit of shut eye and was back up at 7:30 for work - felt okay for an hour or 2......then it struck. I cant explain the feeling but a terrible sense of dread and fear that something awful is going to happen to me, this escalated into a full on panic attack - one after another up until about 12pm, when it was calming down I was very light headed and felt sick which I think sparked up the next wave of panic. It finally calmed down after sitting outside for an hour and controlling my breathing. I felt light headed up until now and the haze and dizziness seems to have just disappeared just like that.

To summarize a not so great day but I am keeping an open mind as i think im partly to blame for the panic attacks, as i built myself up so much to take this AD that its got into my head too much. Onward and upwards anyway :whistles:

Ricyle29
23-05-18, 17:40
Day 3
Has been okay, I had a day off work due to lack of sleep and lightheadness, my anxiety seems to have increased but haven’t let it take over today, keep getting intrusive thoughts and fears of no escape and that there’s more to this than just panic disorder...is this normal? Have spent the daily mainly relaxing and did show my face in the town. I guess it’s the side effect that take getting used to but from what I hear they should decrease in a week or 2...counting down the days for a bit more of a clear head!!

Tommo1980
24-05-18, 06:41
Nice blog, I'm into my 4th week on Sertraline (1 week at 50mg, 3 at 100mg). 1st week was OK, 2nd and 3rd were pretty rough. Bit of a rollercoaster so far this week, but some signs of improvement.

I won't list my side effects as I don't want to trigger anything for you. Insomnia has been a major downer so far though, hoping it lets up soon! I have also experienced the increase in anxiety/panic and intrusive thoughts.

Good luck with your journey :-))

helena8888
04-06-18, 07:20
Hi Ricycle29, how are you doing ?