PDA

View Full Version : Piles panic - but can’t see Dr

Jem10101
21-05-18, 15:26
I’ve suspected I’ve had piles for over a year now. The symptoms keep coming and going and I’ve used over the counter creams etc but nothing has fixed them and symptoms are worse if I drink lots of alcohol or coffee or don’t drink enough water. The main symptom is itching and very occasionally I’ve had a single streak of bright red blood when I wipe.

I’ve never wanted to go to the Drs with them because I was worried they would tell me it was my fault for being overweight. Also at the back of my mind I always panicked it was something more sinister and that put me off.

Well, stupidly this weekend I googled all about it and found an article that said piles symptoms can also indicate bowel cancer and now I’m convinced that’s what I have. I’m only 29 and I feel relatively healthy apart from being two stone over weight.
I called the Drs today and they can’t see me for ages. So now I’m left feeling sure I’m dying. Just looking for some reassurance.

Fishmanpa
21-05-18, 15:34
I see you're new so welcome. There are many posts similar to yours here.

I'm just going to point out some obvious things in your post. Piles, hemmies, fissures are very, very common. An occasional streak of blood is NOT a symptom of bowel cancer. You know it, I know it, we all know it :winks: Being overweight can contribute to issues and you state that when you drink too much alcohol, coffee or don't hydrate enough the symptoms increase.

Common sense dictates reducing alcohol and coffee consumption as increasing hydration as well as a weight loss regime.

Positive thoughts

Jem10101
21-05-18, 15:39
Thanks! Just needed someone else to say it!

BikerMatt
21-05-18, 16:48
I've been having problems recently. Tried over the counter treatments for months which didn't work. My GP gave me a prescription and still no luck. What i found worked was Sudocrem, try it. It's great for the itch and healing.