PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy fiance in need of some advice!

OakleyEdward
21-05-18, 15:47
Afternoon, all.

As the title suggests I recently asked my girlfriend of 10 years to be my wife and she said yes! It was a wonderfully happy and positive day, going to out Harry and Meghan to shame ;)

The advice I'm after is basically thus, although I'm much more on top of my anxiety and associated symptoms I still have a bit of underlying dizziness and walking on a boat kind of feeling. Normally not too bothersome but there's still flair ups, last night for instance watching a fast paced film had me retiring to an early bed from the weird floaty dizziness it induced. Anyway, by the big day (some point next year) I want to be as close to 100% free of symptoms as is humanly possible.

Basically I'm wondering what treatments you recommend me to try over the next 12 months? I've been offered meds but don't really want to go down that route, CBT I've tried with some success. I've cut out all caffeine and just on chamomile tea nowadays with plenty of physical exercise too.

Sorry for the long one but any help much appreciated!

Benjammin69
21-05-18, 16:08
Afternoon, all.

As the title suggests I recently asked my girlfriend of 10 years to be my wife and she said yes! It was a wonderfully happy and positive day, going to out Harry and Meghan to shame ;)

The advice I'm after is basically thus, although I'm much more on top of my anxiety and associated symptoms I still have a bit of underlying dizziness and walking on a boat kind of feeling. Normally not too bothersome but there's still flair ups, last night for instance watching a fast paced film had me retiring to an early bed from the weird floaty dizziness it induced. Anyway, by the big day (some point next year) I want to be as close to 100% free of symptoms as is humanly possible.

Basically I'm wondering what treatments you recommend me to try over the next 12 months? I've been offered meds but don't really want to go down that route, CBT I've tried with some success. I've cut out all caffeine and just on chamomile tea nowadays with plenty of physical exercise too.

Sorry for the long one but any help much appreciated!

I have this symptom and I have it when I’m driving too. It’s all about the amount of attention you give it. I know that sounds very cliche but it’s true - have you ever noticed the dizziness/walking on boat feeling is mainly when you are focused on your walking? So something triggers it then it gets worse and worse. You need your mind to be entertained in a constructive way not filled with anxious thoughts...

Distraction is good and maybe exposure therapy so the more you feel it the more you stand up and walk till it reduces in intensity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk