PDA

View Full Version : Scared of adrenal cancer / cushings

Scared1111
21-05-18, 15:48
I am 30 years old and was diagnosed in April with polycystic ovarian syndrome. I always had a monthly period and ovulated but did notice pms symptoms got much worse in recent years. My moods went crazy, I noticed mild hair thinning, had some weight gain that I couldn’t lose but I was also binge eating, I was getting hot flashes and night sweats. I lost my sex drive. Noticed the hair on my lower legs, bikini area and armpits got thick and darker. I also believe my clitoris enlarged slightly. Took about a year of going from dr to dr, I had high prolactin and was given an mri that was clear for my pituitary. An RE diagnosed pcos after an ultrasound showed cystic ovaries. I was then found to have insulin resistance and pre-diabetes. I was shocked as I never really been overweight. I since lost weight and can’t seem to stop, I’m 5’0 and 106lbs.

What prompted my push for diagnosis was in mid March my hair started rapidly falling out, I am balding in the front on a male pattern. Im two months I lost almost all the sides of my head and my bangs. I started getting long blonde peach fuzz all over my body, it is long and I never had it before. I feel I was misdiagnosed with pcos and have cancer or something on my adrenal.

My endo did two am cortisol blood tests before I started birth control, they were both 21 with top range being 22. She did a 24 hour urine test and I was 48 with top range being 50. She claims this is totally normal. My DHEAS in feb. Was 183 but now is 302! It is still in range but high end and that’s a big jump. I was on birth control during that time too. My pcp tested my am cortisol and it’s now 49! He said and so did my endo that they’re not concerned. My endo said birth control raises cortisol and stress and if on birth control you can’t test cortisol in blood, only urine. I think I have an adrenal tumor and cushing’s. My CBC was off too. I had polycythemia, high red blood cell count. My endo said she thinks it’s because I take 200mg Spironolactone which is a diuretic and all she sees is labs of someone who is dehydrated. I will admit, I hardly drink anything at all all day. ButI never had hemoglobin, hematocrit elevated. The hematocrit came down but hemoglobin and rbc still a hair high. I read a study that adrenal cancers can cause secondary polycythemia. I’m so scared. Also my lymphocytes are way at the low end of normal, huge change since December labs. I’m so scared!!!

I have signs of cushings and in the past even thought I had it. I bruise easily and my fat feels lumpy and hurts, noticed my body fat composition changed a couple years ago or longer, I have insomnia or weird disturbed sleep where I wake up every couple hours and only have intense vivid dreams. I lost my sex drive. All of a sudden I got hit with weird health issues like high blood pressure, insulin resistance, high cholesterol, etc. I never had health issues. My muscles feel weak and I’m all flab. For years my thighs ached to climb stairs. Now my hair is rapidly falling out. My endo is sending me for a ct scan but acts like it’s just for my benefit. She said adrenal cancer is so rare and it doesn’t hide for years. But it hasn’t been hiding, I’ve been declining! My moods are insane. I’m just not me anymore. I kept telling everyone that I don’t look like myself anymore and no one sees it. I even think I have a Buffalo Hump. My cuts heal slowly. I think I’m dying. I’m so scared.

My pcos test results are all weird. My FSH is not low as usually found, my SHBG is high out of range whereas pcos it is low. My free testosterone is in range and pcos usually has high. I’m so scared. Anyone with pcos here?

Anyone ever have cortisol tests? Abnormal results? My endo says she sees nothing in my results to indicate cushings or adrenal cancer but how I don’t understand. She said she’s only ordering the ct scan Bc of the rapid symptoms I claim to experience. But I AM losing my hair and growing body hair. It happened so fast. Anyone ever get mildly high rbc and hemoglobin? Were you dehydrated?

Please help!