PDA

View Full Version : Hiya! Anxious in San Francisco here.

Angels on my Side
22-05-18, 06:06
Hello. I am a fourtysomething female who lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, Originally from Pittsburgh, PA. Ever since I moved here, I have developed debilitating anxiety. I have battled anxiety since I was a kid but it was more nervousness and situational. But, after my father died of a heart attack in 1999, things started to change. Loss of job, car accident, divorce all lowlighted the decade of the 2000's. The 2010's have not been much better. My anxiety is at an all time high. I am a wreck and very scared. I have been on and off meds since 2009. I got off of Cymbalta recently and crashed. I finally went back to a Psychiatric NP and got prescribed Sertraline 25 mg. This is day 5. My anxiety has reached new heights. I feel so close to panic all the time. Only Ativan seems to tame it down to a functionable level. I really need to have support, help and advice, especially on Sertraline. I am having a rough time.

venusbluejeans
22-05-18, 06:21
Hiya Angels on my Side and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
29-05-18, 14:26
Good Morning Angels on my Side.

I'm not familiar with the medication your are on, but I do know a little about anxiety and panic. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder in 1999 myself. My best piece of advice would be to let go of the fear.

You said, "I feel so close to panic all the time." Why not just let it happen? I've learned that by letting go and not fighting the fear of a panic attack, it usually has it say and goes away. Panic feeds on our fear of having another attack. There is a great little book available at Amazon called, "How to Stop Anxiety and Panic Attacks" by Geert Verschaeve . His little book and videos changed my life.

I wish you the best Angels on my Side on your journey. Don't give up, there are many helps here in NMP. always feel free to speak you mind.

Southern_Belle
29-05-18, 18:00
Hi Angel,

Love your name. Welcome to NMP and you will receive help here. I too suffer from anxiety and can feel your pain. I am not on any anti-depressants but have been on Klonopin before and it sure made life easier. You will feel better soon and I suffered greatly losing my Dad too. Hope to see you in the chat room soon and you can talk it out.

Take care,

Southern_Belle

Roseessa
29-05-18, 23:12
Hi,
First of all, I am so jealous you live in San Francisco.
I am on sertraline and I have found that my anxiety it the same.
However, I have only been on it for 10 days and my doctor said it can take 2-3 weeks to take effect.

Pkstracy
29-05-18, 23:20
It takes about two weeks for the med to work, I am on that one, that you are taking 25mg did nothing for me, I am prescribed 100 mg. I live in San Diego, so you're in my area.