PDA

View Full Version : A bit of bright red blood on my stool and paper

zebra
23-05-18, 10:17
Hi, I am 37 female, for 10years (since the 1. child was born) I suffer from the hemorrhoids. Once a year I found a bit of blood on the paper after wc, sometimes it hurts. But now in January I traveled a lot (16hours flight etc.) and I found a bit of bright red blood on the toilet paper and also a bit on the surface of the stool. The same happened also in March. Because I have health anxiety I went for colonoscopy. We made it till the small intestine (5cm). Everything clear, only hemofrhoids were found 2.-3.level from 4.But in that time I was told they are calm.Now in May after some flight I found the same (a bit on the paper, a bit on the stool). I went to the proctologist, he made me the Barron ligation. I have 4 hemorrhoidal nodes, we started with the first, I have to come 3 times more. I would like to ask you....did somebody here have also sometimes the blood also on the surface of teh stool? Can I be tranquil if the colonoscopy is clear? Thank you!

ToasterOvens
23-05-18, 15:05
I've worried about the same issue before.

Not sure exactly what you're worried about. If its colon "c" I always thought it formed slowly. They only make my older relatives go once every 5 years for a colonoscopy.

Have I had bright red blood before? MANY TIMES. Recently in the last month. I used to worry about it, but this isn't something I worry about anymore. I can usually figure out why its happening now.

zebra
23-05-18, 15:09
thank you. and do you have hemorrhoids? and blood also on the surface of the stool? usually I heard only about the blood on the toilet paper....Yes, I think it should be ok if I have the colonoscopy clear...but I have HA as well :-))

ToasterOvens
23-05-18, 15:14
Mild cases. Nothing that needed removed.

But yes. On the stool. And not just from hemorrhoids. I've had blood for other reasons. Small tears/fissures or whatever they're called.

Trust your doctors. I know its hard, but if they say you're good... there's a really good chance you're good!

zebra
23-05-18, 15:19
Thankx:hugs: