PDA

View Full Version : Unequal pupils only in the morning

zebra
28-03-18, 15:23
Hello, one month ago I have noticed unequal pupils (i donīt know if i ever had before, i never dinīt control it before the mirror), but only a few minutes in the morning a maybe also when i am tired a while in the evening. They both react normally. I was at eye doctor and have there many tests, everything is ok, at neurologist, everything ok. But logically i ve read about brain tumors etc. I have no other problems. only the anxiety, cancerophobia cca 1 year :-) is here anyone who had unequal pupils and then it went away? can it be caused by stress, tiredness, anxiety?i take no drugs.thanx! (sorry for the english, i am not native english speaker)

zacman777
29-03-18, 19:40
I don't know what it can be from, but I have noticed that sometimes I have unequal pupils too. I wish I could be more help, but I wanted to write this to let you know that you are not the only one that has anxiety/health anxiety that experiences this.

zebra
30-03-18, 05:43
Thank you very much!!

zebra
08-04-18, 06:27
Anyone else, guys?

zebra
15-04-18, 06:23
Unequal pupil Anisocoria

Hello, one month ago I have noticed unequal pupils (i donīt know if i ever had before, i never dinīt control it before the mirror), but only a few minutes in the morning a maybe also when i am tired a while in the evening. They both react normally. I was at eye doctor and have there many tests, everything is ok, at neurologist, everything ok. But logically i ve read about brain tumors etc. I have no other problems. only the anxiety, cancerophobia cca 1 year :-) is here anyone who had unequal pupils and then it went away? can it be caused by stress, tiredness, anxiety?i take no drugs.thanx! (sorry for the english, i am not native english speaker)

Gary A
15-04-18, 11:07
If this symptom was being caused by a compressive lesion, like a brain tumour, then the affected pupil would remain at an abnormal size no matter which lighting condition you were in.

Brain tumours compress and constrict the cranial nerves, if a tumour was compressing the nerves which controlled your pupillary reaction, then your neurologist would have spotted it a mile away.

It’s actually quite common for people to just have anascorsia with no real reason behind it. I would just chalk it up to one of those things and get on with your life.

zebra
15-04-18, 11:10
thank you:hugs:

Carys
15-04-18, 12:01
Hiyer Zebra,

You know, this is something I noticed a couple of years ago myself, and got myself in a right tizz about it. I also have benign Aniscoria. I noticed it first when in quite dim lighting, one pupil slightly bigger than the other, I jumped into bright light in a panic, and they both reacted normally. You are right, there are some conditions for which aniscoria is a concerning symptom, BUT it says that if after evaluation (i.e. you went and had it seen) there is nothing that is causing it which is a medical underlying condition, then is is classified as benign. Apparently it is really common, and I can't recall the stats on it which I did look into at the time of being aware of it myself, but it was something like 20% of the population have it. It is REALLY easy for medics to tell if its benign or not, and you've had the all-clear, so put it down to natural assymtery of the human body.
Mine does vary, some days if tired or anxious it seems worse, but there is no more than about 1 mm difference between the two. Some days it seems better and not noticeable. I'm not sure it goes away, as it is just how your body is and will be like it for life I think if you have it.

zebra
15-04-18, 12:44
Thank you. I start to notice that it is really quite commnon. One day is better and i donīt see the difference and some days i wake up with it but within few minutes it goes away. i donīt know the difference size, i donīt know how to measure it.
have a nice spring!

zebra
26-04-18, 06:08
Hi..so now it is 3 months slunce i have noticed it for the first time..if it was something really bad, i should have now some problems, right?i have nothing...only a bit of panic sometimes:-)

Carys
26-04-18, 06:58
Zebra, its benign, its something a lot of the population also have. However, Yes, if it was something more serious you'd know by now, there would have been considerable changes in your health in 3 months.

zebra
26-04-18, 07:04
Thank you!!!

kah
12-05-18, 17:48
I also have uneven pupils. I asked my optician on my last visit and she said a third of the population have them!

zebra
23-05-18, 09:57
thank you!! :bighug1: and do you have it the whole day? Me only in the morning or in the evening...not always...during the day they are perfect :-) no matter if in the dark (somewhere at home) or outside in the sun etc. I know about it already 3-4 months..I hope if it was something serious (brain tumor etc.) I would already have any other problem....Sometimes (those mornings) my left is bigger, sometimes viceversa.

zebra
23-05-18, 10:29
Hello, 3 months ago I have noticed unequal pupils (i donīt know if i ever had before, i never dinīt control it before the mirror), but only a few minutes in the morning a maybe also when i am tired a while in the evening, especially after the hot bath. They both react normally. I was at eye doctor and have there many tests, everything is ok, at neurologists (once in February, second time yesterday), everything ok. But logically i ve read about brain tumors etc. I have no other problems. only the anxiety, cancerophobia cca 1 year :-) is here anyone who had unequal pupils and then it went away? can it be caused by stress, tiredness, anxiety?i take no drugs.thanx! (sorry for the english, i am not native english speaker)

Elen
23-05-18, 11:14
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Fishmanpa
23-05-18, 11:50
But logically i ve read about brain tumors etc.

Why would it be logical to read about brain tumors when you've been given the all clear by several medical professionals? :huh:

Positive thoughts

Carys
23-05-18, 11:56
Well, I noticed mine being like this 3 years ago, and no it hasn't gone away because it is a common benign condition in a large proportion of the population. If is just HOW YOU ARE. You've been given the all-clear many times by lots of people, so just accept that you are that way?

Oh and mine is kinda random too, tired, stressed, darker lighting and the difference appears more obvious.

zebra
23-05-18, 12:35
Ok, guys. Thank you. And you also have somerimes bigger left, sometimes right?

Andrash
23-05-18, 22:31
They (pupils) usually become enlarged 7 times during sexual intercourse. Who knows, it might be some orgasmic residue :)