PDA

View Full Version : Traveling problems

Librella
23-05-18, 16:17
A couple of months ago I had a bad experience while traveling. I was flying overseas and the journey was about 8 hours. I had stomach cramps and diarrhea that morning but I took some Tums and thought I was going to be okay. I was fine for the first leg of the flight, but after skipping a meal and being awake all night, another attack hit while I was on my second connection. I had to run to the dinky plane bathroom a few times, and then I stayed in the bathroom at baggage claim for a while. Then I got on a super packed train and had to stand up in a crowd of people while having excruciating stomach cramps. It was horrible. Fortunately, I was okay for the rest of the trip, after sleeping through the first day.

So anyway, now every time I even think about traveling and flying, I get anxious and make myself sick. I have a trip coming up on Friday and I'm getting nervous. It's only a 2 hour flight but then I have to be on a bus for 2 hours to get to my final destination. I'm so scared my digestive issues will be triggered again. And I'm probably going to trigger them by being anxious anyway. What should I do? I love traveling and don't want to deal with this every time I get on a plane.

NervousKel
24-05-18, 18:02
Have you tried taking Imodium AD? I occasionally have issues with diarrhea, especially when my anxiety ramps up, and I've had great results with taking Imodium AD. Sometimes, even if my stomach feels fine, I will take one or two just in case, if I'm in a situation where I know a bathroom won't be nearby. If I were you, I'd be tempted to take 2 the morning before your flight, and also keep some in your purse, as an additional back up plan.

Librella
24-05-18, 18:39
I haven't tried it, and I don't think I have time to get it before my flight tomorrow, but I'll keep it in mind for next time. I usually take Pepto Bismol since I don't have any side affects, but I think Imodium is supposed to be stronger.