PDA

View Full Version : Feelings of dread! Anyone else?

NervousKel
24-05-18, 01:10
One of my more annoying symptoms this bout of anxiety (started 6 or 7 weeks ago) is an almost constant feeling of dread, for no apparent reason. I try to ignore it and carry on the best I can, but it hangs over me most of the time.

Does anyone else have this? Any tips for coping with it?:shades:

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-18, 01:35
Yes, I think this one is pretty typical of GAD along with just anxiety for no reason at all 24/7.

It can be hard to get through but I found exercise helped me. Going for daily walks in the air. It is more likely to lift mood in this sunny, warm weather too.

Like many symptoms I find getting stuck into an activity helps me. It shifts focus away from symptoms. Even something mundane like cleaning can help.

NervousKel
24-05-18, 17:54
Thanks, MyNameisTerry!

I've been trying to keep myself busy. I've found the dread does go away somewhat in the evenings, so at least it's not an all day/all the time thing.

It seems like with this relapse, as soon as one symptom goes away, another pop ups to take it's place:-). I guess that's pretty typical though.

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-18, 02:13
Yes, my anxiety has always been worst earlier in the day. What I've realised more as I've got better is that it's more likely about waking than it being earlier in the day. That makes it more a reaction to the cortisol issue most likely for me.

I know I always had symptoms that were low key compared to the ones that really bothered me. As I got beyond some of the bad ones, or greatly reduced them, up popped others but in reality they may have been masked by the worse ones.