PDA

View Full Version : Psorasis fear.

NewYorkgirl
24-05-18, 07:58
After thinking I had got myself on the right track I've gone right back to the beginning. I realise that this health anxiety will probably be classed as just vanity but it truly is dictating my life again. I have a small (less than the size of a 5p) red patch on my right elbow. It doesn't itch and it isn't sore but I'm absolutely convinced it's the start of acute psorasis. I went to my GP last may with the exact same thing and he said it wasn't psorasis and prescribed a hydrocortisone cream. It cleared it up although not completely and I have continued using that and a moisturiser since then. For the last few days I have been over aware of it again. Constantly checking, at some points 3 or 4 times an hour. I'm googling again and have literally spiralled into utter panic. I'm trying to rationalise my thoughts but I'm failing. Like I said I realise this is an insignificant problem and I hope it is jusy me over reacting again. But this time I really do think that it's the start of it. I'm going to try and get to my GP again today

Andrash
24-05-18, 10:42
After thinking I had got myself on the right track I've gone right back to the beginning. I realise that this health anxiety will probably be classed as just vanity but it truly is dictating my life again. I have a small (less than the size of a 5p) red patch on my right elbow. It doesn't itch and it isn't sore but I'm absolutely convinced it's the start of acute psorasis. I went to my GP last may with the exact same thing and he said it wasn't psorasis and prescribed a hydrocortisone cream. It cleared it up although not completely and I have continued using that and a moisturiser since then. For the last few days I have been over aware of it again. Constantly checking, at some points 3 or 4 times an hour. I'm googling again and have literally spiralled into utter panic. I'm trying to rationalise my thoughts but I'm failing. Like I said I realise this is an insignificant problem and I hope it is jusy me over reacting again. But this time I really do think that it's the start of it. I'm going to try and get to my GP again today

Even if it is psoriasis (which it isn't, since fully qualified medical professional told you so), it is a fully benign condition, not at all life threatening. Therefore, absolutely no reason to panic...