PDA

View Full Version : Burping from anxiety

Kimmie78
25-05-18, 14:03
I am constantly feel the need to burp. I let it out by burping 'inside' of me. I know I am gulping too much air, as I constantly opening my mouth and swallowing. My shoulders are constantly tense and so are my arms. My chest hurts from all the pressure on it. The only way I seem to be able to relieve the symptoms is to crack my wrist, which I do every couple of minutes. I have always had these problems but lately I have had the every day.

Scass
25-05-18, 21:50
It all sounded quite like anxiety to me. The wrist cracking is pretty confusing though, but I didn’t want to read and run.
Maybe check with your gp? But I’m sure it’s nothing. Are you having a lot of stress lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
25-05-18, 22:47
It all sounded quite like anxiety to me. The wrist cracking is pretty confusing though, but I didn’t want to read and run.
Maybe check

That's just a rather odd stress relieving quirk IMO. I have been traveling all day via air. On the last leg of the journey. there was a young girl who sat across from me in the waiting area as well as on the plane. She was SO obviously suffering from anxiety. She was taking Dramamine and was visibly anxious. On the flight she was curled up in a ball on the seat with a blanket wrapped around her, rocking back and forth. She did end up getting sick too... poor kid :weep:

She was much better after she puked, thus my comparison. Although, I do think I'd rather crack my wrists as opposed to vomiting :winks:

Positive thoughts

Scass
26-05-18, 09:14
Well yes you phrased it much better than me - it’s a stress reliever.
That poor girl on your plane [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rbvdk
28-05-18, 13:48
Definitely sounds like a stress relief and the burp thing sounds just like what I had due to anxiety (only it was needing to fart lol) hope you find something that'll start helping you relax, maybe meditation? Hugs!