PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself...hi!

DanJ1971
25-05-18, 18:08
Hey all, have decided to use this forum and hope it can help me what is without doubt the most difficult time i have ever had.
Suffering with depression and anxiety for 20 plus years but latest episode started in February. Have been given meds, but not really seeing any benefit, yet. I have been on fluoxetine before and it worked a treat. I am now 13 weeks in, starting at 20mg per day, then increasing to 40 mg per day 4 weeks ago. Pregablin is a new drug for me and I have only been on for 4 weeks. Lorazepam I take as and when, but the effect is getting less and less and I think it is more of a problem, than a help. I am sure I am getting withdrawal symptoms from it as I am not giving my body enough of what it craves.
I feel desperate at times, not least because everything I am doing, like exercise, or going on courses, doesn’t seem to be helping. Anyone with any experience of how long it may take before I get better, please let me know! I appreciate it’s not an exact science, however surely the fluoxetine should be kicking in by now? It worked for me in the past, so no reason to expect anything different this time. Stay safe and wishing you all a full recovery.
X

venusbluejeans
25-05-18, 18:15
Hiya DanJ1971 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bigboyuk
25-05-18, 18:39
Hey Dan :welcome: aboard to NMP Great that you joined us I too am a sufferer of depression currently not been on meds for 20 years I have recently started suffereing from anxiety too so you aren't alone mate, was on meds before made me worse. Give the meds time to kick in especially the Pregablin any adjustments needed go back to your Gp for this and hope things become easier for you ;) ATB

DanJ1971
03-06-18, 20:27
Many thanks to you both, will check out the information and take it from there.