PDA

View Full Version : Leukemia worry

Wadsleyj
25-05-18, 19:46
Hi please help me. I have had several nosebleeds over last few weeks. I'm on rivoxaban for heart condition. Doc says nothing to worry about but Ive read nosebleeds can be symptoms of leukemia.. Out of my mind with worry. Anyone else have nosebleeds

nomorepanic
25-05-18, 20:45
You would have loads of other symptoms and not just nose bleeds.

I guess you have been googling and found this yes?

Wadsleyj
26-05-18, 00:27
Yes I have

nomorepanic
26-05-18, 00:32
Well there you go - seek and thee will find!

Wadsleyj
26-05-18, 08:43
I'm so frightened though. I'm 54 and have worried now for years

Fishmanpa
26-05-18, 16:30
It can be a side effect of your medication.

Positive thoughts

roseanxiety
26-05-18, 16:31
I posted about a nosebleed in the Health Anxiety forum last week. I had another one today!! They are very slight and stop within a minute or so. But still it ramps my health anxiety up like crazy. I keep telling myself they are “normal” and the most common cause is dry nasal passages. I have not had any since i was a kid except for these two. Does your medication have them listed as a side effect? Maybe that IS why you’re having them. Seeing your post helped me . My nose does feel dry today but i could be just thinking it’s dry to give myself a reason for having the nosebleed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThroatGoat
26-05-18, 17:40
I had a nose bleed the other week because my nose was dry and I'd been blowing it a lot.

If in doubt go see a doctor and get a blood test done? Leukemia will show up on a CBC as far as I'm aware. Get it ruled out and you won't have to worry anymore. :D

Wadsleyj
26-05-18, 18:04
I had Fbc. In jan which was ok..I'm guessing however that it can strike at anytime so that test is now out of date. I dread the tests

roseanxiety
26-05-18, 19:59
I wouldn’t consider that out of date. That’s only 4 -5 months ago. I dread testing too though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk