PDA

View Full Version : Awful heart anxiety

Myskye
25-05-18, 22:26
Hello everyone, My name is Denise, i am 65 and have suffered from panic, anxiety attacks for over 30 years.99 % of my anxiety centers around my heart. I have had many tests done thru all these years and the worse the Drs could find is PVCs , which they tell me won't kill me. lol I do also have COPD so that doesn't help. My newest, and it seems like the worst so far, is my rapid heart rate. I made the mistake last week of checking my pulse. I had been working in the yard, i had done some mowing, weed wacking etc and felt like my heart was beating hard. I cam in and put my pulse meter on, which my hubby has threatened to throw in the trash, and my rate was 126. Now probably my heart rate gets this high often, i just never checked it, I went into a terrible panic and and now measuring my heart rate all the time. Sitting in my recliner with my feet up my rate is around 80, which is normal for me. Just standing up and going to the bathroom will make it jump to 110 and walking in the backyard it can go to 120. It does come down after just sitting back down. I am very over weight and get very little exercise. Please someone tell me this happens to them and i am fine and this is normal. i am scared i am going to lose my mind. Thank you

venusbluejeans
25-05-18, 22:33
Hiya Myskye and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Myskye
26-05-18, 14:12
Thank you. I am hoping for reassurance that others feel these same things