PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself..hey!

Meliora
26-05-18, 09:29
Hello! :)

The reason I've joined is that I've been struggling a lot recently and feel very alone with how I feel so I felt it would be good for me to be able to talk to people who have gone through similar.

I'm a 23 year old female and about 4 years ago I was diagnosed with comorbid anxiety and depression. However, I've lived with anxiety for a majority of my life, it was just the fact I didn't know that's what it was until I was about 19.

I mainly suffer with social anxiety, although I do still get anxious around events not social related e.g catastrophising and 'what if' scenarios. I also have IBS and have regular aches and pains caused by stress. I've been on both Citalopram and Sertraline and whilst I felt they helped initially I feel talk to people helps a lot more. I wouldn't say I'm anti anti-depressant (ha) but for me I feel they did more harm than good. I've had many sessions of counselling which helped me to become more self-aware but I feel didn't actually teach me anything I could use to challenge the negative thoughts and reduce anxiety. I've just had a referral for CBT so I'm hoping this will help.

It's weird to describe to people who don't have anxiety, I generally say that it's not that I DON'T want to do certain things - there's just a mental block that stops me. I find also a lot of my worries are based around what other people will think of me.

Anyway sorry I've rambled - looking forward to posting on here regularly :D

venusbluejeans
26-05-18, 09:36
Hiya Meliora and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: