PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Nerdling2

Nerdling2
26-05-18, 19:21
Hi everyone.

Just doing the obligatory intro post.

I'm Nerdling2, a 30-something, married mum from UK.

I've felt very alone for a long time...I do have friends, and family, but don't feel most understand what's in my head. Or how they can when I don't understand it myself.

It's good to find there may be a place for people like me to try and make sense of it all, together.

I am in online CBT, early days so far.

Not formally diagnosed as I'm very high functioning, but my therapist has said I'm on the severe end of the anxiety spectrum. I'm assuming that'd be Generalised Anxiety, although I also have phobias about so many things it's tiring trying to list them all. The main ones are probably flying, terrorism, public transport generally but there are plenty more.

Looking forwards to learning and hopefully growing with you all.

venusbluejeans
26-05-18, 19:26
Hiya Nerdling2 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Southern_Belle
29-05-18, 01:24
Hi Nerdling,

I too am terrified of flying. You will find many here who feel like you do, so glad you joined because you will find support.

Laura