PDA

View Full Version : Essex Meet Reminder!! If You Can Get To Essex Feel Free 2 Join Us!!

JulieAs45
23-07-07, 21:24
This is just a reminder about the Essex meet up for anyone who fancies an afternoon in the pub! Its open to all so if you can get to Essex feel free to join us! :wacko:

Date:
Saturday 28th July :biggrin:

Venue:
The Blue Boar (Weatherspoons), Billericay High Street, Billericay, Essex, CM12 9BA :biggrin:

Time:
3pm :biggrin:

When you get to the pub look out for the nmp teddy thats where we will be sitting!!

Please add your name if you are coming as we have no idea how many of us there will be. Thanx.

Julie
:flowers:

ade
25-07-07, 08:46
wish i was there with ju,loz gabby oh sigh !!!!!!!

hoppipolla
26-07-07, 15:12
hoppi can come! hoppi can come!

i couldn't before as i was going to go on this camping thing, but i decided not to go and i think i would prefer to hang out with you guys anyway :)

so, who is coming at the moment?

JulieAs45
26-07-07, 16:07
Glad you can make it Hoppi!! :yesyes:

Not sure how many coming, there will be some sort of nmp sign, or thinking of taking nmp teddie to sit on the table so you can see where we are sitting.

See you saturday hun looking forward to it.

Julie

hoppipolla
26-07-07, 17:21
heehee! hooray ^_^

Lozzie
26-07-07, 17:46
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hoppi's coming :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I will be there too :) although my anxiety is making me feel I wont :mad: but i will :)

And julie dont forget, tutu n windows :p haha :hugs:

Cant wait to meet :hugs: :hugs:

laura xxxxx:flowers:

JulieAs45
26-07-07, 17:56
Hmmm Laura windows yeah ok, you do the inside ill do outside ok?!

See you there xx
Julie

nomorepanic
30-07-07, 20:29
How did the meet-up go people?

nomorepanic
01-08-07, 23:31
No pics then? any news?

pete69
03-08-07, 19:45
crashed n burned-i was running late n julie was on her todd..please people dont go in a chatroom fri night when u have had a few n say you will turn up to a meet the next day...you know u wont-i txt julie n she was alone so i didnt bother,trouble with anxiety it stops you doing things you wanna do..nuff said....................

nomorepanic
03-08-07, 20:06
Oh dear - sorry to hear this.

It would have been nice if people text Julie to say they couldn't make it after all - common courtesy isn't it.

People don't HAVE to go but would be nice to let the organiser know if they are dropping out.

groovygranny
03-08-07, 20:32
That really is sad......

But thanks, and a huge 'well done Julie' for taking the time to organise it anyway!!

big hugs coming your way

http://glittertexten.animaatjes.nl/img/hugz2020firefly_www-animaatjes-nl.gif

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

JulieAs45
03-08-07, 21:10
Thanx Nic & GG, :hugs:

I was a little disappointed on the day if im honest, most people that had my number did text me if they could. I wasnt alone all the time, Bluesky and his gf came and we had a nice drink and a chat, they were lovely people and of course I had Geoffrey my NMP ted with me, so I didnt look too sad! lol :blush:

I'll be honest, I had the best time cos i went into a pub on my own for the first time since i can remember I bought myself a drink and stood there on my own and I didnt feel any panic at all which was amazing. Once I realised noone else was gonna show up I decided to take myself off shopping in the High Street and I loved every minute of it because having lived in my house for 7 years and the High St being just 200yds from my house I have never ever been strong enough to go there on my own until that Saturday, my family were so proud of me and I was proud of myself :D So wasnt all bad and really gave me the push i needed to be more independant from my husband who has had to endure endless shopping trips with me.

Since that Saturday i've been back to the High Street with my daughter and we had a really nice girly afternoon, thats something Ive always wanted to do but never done so Im going from strength to strength I can't quite believe it. The High St dont seem so scary now :yesyes:

Take care x
Julie

clickaway
04-08-07, 00:26
A very well done Julie! :yesyes:

You seemed to have achieved this under perculiar circumstances but it seems that the day was your gain!

Arranging meet-ups with strangers who are all just as nervous is never easy but ALWAYS worth the effort.

Perhaps one day you'll be attend a meet-up a bit further afield too!

Take Care

:hugs:

groovygranny
04-08-07, 07:38
Hey, way to go Julie!

Oh, I had prickly skin just trying to visualise you going in the pub on your own and going up to the bar.....oooh ! You just got to have one of these.....

http://glittertexten.animaatjes.nl/img/i80481036_60146_www-animaatjes-nl.gif

I'm so glad things worked out for the best......meant to be eh?

:hugs::hugs: